Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is useful. Consistent blogging happens when it becomes a healthy habit. The challenge is it is hard to maintain the discipline if you don't really enjoy doing the thing. I'm a writer/journalist by trade, so this comes naturally to me, but if need to struggle to put your posts together, you probably should do something else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We are actually moving to posting on our our swimming pool blog 5 days a week. We used to post 2 days a week.
MagicPool,

I don't know if you read that article, but if it's the one I think it is then going from 2 to 5 posts a week is just the kind of thing it warns about.

His point was that increasing or decreasing the number of posts can have and adverse effect on subscription numbers. You might have people going "whoa, why am I hearing from this guy so often" click--unsub.

You just might want to consider 1) doing it gradually and 2) telling people you're going to be doing it.

I think the main takeaway of the article is that posting too much can be just as bad as too little if people aren't ready for it.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
MagicPool,

I don't know if you read that article, but if it's the one I think it is then going from 2 to 5 posts a week is just the kind of thing it warns about.

His point was that increasing or decreasing the number of posts can have and adverse effect on subscription numbers. You might have people going "whoa, why am I hearing from this guy so often" click--unsub.

You just might want to consider 1) doing it gradually and 2) telling people you're going to be doing it.

I think the main takeaway of the article is that posting too much can be just as bad as too little if people aren't ready for it.

Thanks for the tips - slow and steady wins the race. :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts