Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am an industrial painting contractor with a possible pipeline coating project. The project consists of 24" natural gas pipeline. The paint is lead based, encapsulation will be required ect... The pipeline will be in service during our process so we will need to regulate the tempeatures inside our containment for proper equilibrium during coating application. I was thinking of wet sandblasting (torbo) or old fashioned garnet/slag. Anybody with first hand experience in this? Or know someone who does this type of work? Ay and all help will be appreciated.

We have a detailed spec that I didn't want to waste time and space by posting.

·
Registered
710 Posts
There's a guy up in Canada who built his entire company on wet blasting in the oil fields.

Lots of pipeline work very little water runoff.

He's real high on Garnet and has a new blasting system that is extremely promising.

The company is galled GeoBlast and their website is http://www.gogeoblast.com

We use a Farrow System http://www.farrowsystem.com which is the original modern wet blasting system that became popular here in the United States and we've been very happy with the performance of Farrow and the doors it's opens for us.

Both system are definitely worthwhile to look in to.

15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it was you who recently asked what we use to stop flash rust. We use HoldTight 102. Google hold tight. It's approved under most high performance acrylic and solvent based materials.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think it was you who recently asked what we use to stop flash rust. We use HoldTight 102. Google hold tight. It's approved under most high performance acrylic and solvent based materials.
Thanks.... I just started using a product called Holdback manufactured by Cloride on Long Island NY.

It's similuar to Holdtight 102 in the way it performs.

Price is about the same.

Dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts