Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kelly
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked at a mustang today and a guy has rust on the inside of the roof of his car that he is stripping down to be restored. It's a late 60's mustang has rust with insulation stuck to it. He figures it was in a high moisture environment and water must have condensed up under the head liner. Soda won't take the rust out so I could use glass but it's thin metal after the rust comes off don't want to warp it on the other side of the upper quarter panel and roof. What about walnut?

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
No problem with using glass what so ever, we just did a 35k resto project Chevelle. The roof of the car had the same adhesive you are talking about. It came off clean and no heating issues. Good luck.

·
Kelly
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info on the walnut I figured it wasn't going to take rust off I will have to use the glass.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Shoot the glass from a angle not dead on, move to different spot from time to time, (just in case )
The older cars have a heavier metal, done lots with glass no problem.
But would tell the guy up front that is it the only way to get the rust off and there May be a slight chance of warping due to the change in the metals surface tension
JUST TO COVER YOU’RE BUTT!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts