Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am closing my shop & have my equipment up for sale. I have an Ingersoll-Rand Air Source Plus mobile air compressor, a Schmidt Accustrip 11SX Soda Blaster with 50' of blast hose & #4 nozzle, a Marco 3 cu. ft. abrasive blast pot with 50' of blast hose & #4 nozzle, 125' of 3/4" air hose, 2100# of Natrium Soda, 2000# of Marco Blast 3060, a Clemco Apollo 600 blast helmet with cape, Cool-Tube & 50' of breathing air line, Clemco Particulate air purifier and Marco Moisture Seperator. Call me @ 563-212-4493 or email me @ [email protected] if you would like me to send pics of the equipment. Everything is in GREAT condition with the helmet & associated items still new in the box. This is turn-key & ready to go. There is nothing that needs to be fixed or rebuilt before using it & everything together will cost about half of new! Thanks for looking! Randy

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
72-sorry to hear that.

What happened?

And my grandma used to live it Cuba (Illinois) so I've been in your neck of the woods alot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been a mechanic at a Nuclear Power Plant for over 22 years. A couple years ago I decided to start this business. I purchased some land in the Industrial Park here in town & had a local contractor put up the shell of a building for me with plans of me finishing it on the inside. Well, to try to make a long story shorter, I have been working my regular job, doing soda & abrasive blasting & trying to finish the inside of my building.
I have a 13 year old Son that is now in a bunch of extracurricular activities & my Wife has been extremely patient with this endeavor. It is time for me to get back to being a Dad & Husband again.
My plans were to have my business well established so when I retired I would have something to do. I guess I should explain that I had the building built to cater to my old car hobby also (lots of room for MY cars). I figured that I could use the blasting business for my own stuff, too!
So, I am now negotiating the sale of my building (ALMOST had it finished inside :censored:). It should be finalized by the end of the year & I thought that I would try to sell my equipment before the end of the year so I don't have to store it.
Thanks for the interest, Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts