Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres a couple pics of one of our larger projects that we did this summer. This is a bulk fuel plant in S.D. we completed this project in 3 weeks or about 14 working days due to weather conditions using crushed glass as a blasting media on 8 of the tanks and we used coal slag with blastox for lead encapsulation on the other 7 tanks that we tested positive for lead. The piping and fuel dock were a challenge to finish due to the non stop wind in this part of the state. We contacted the EPA along with the S.D. state health board and our local landfill to get advice on procedure. TCLP testing had to be conducted on the slag before we were allowed to dispose of it. We blasted and painted the pipe first then wrapped it to avoid damage from the tank blasting. We were very methodical in the planning and organization stages of this job and it paid off with an exceptional fnished product and a very happy customer that kept us busy most of the summer. Sherwin Williams Chem primer and Chem 4000 paint were used for coating. The second set of pics is of a fertilizer tower that stood about 80 ft high (highest we have been yet) this job took us about a week to complete and wind was a huge factor for overspray, we waited for just the right day and got it done without a hitch, overspray is a huge liablity and we do everything and anything to avoid it at all costs.

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
paying for leads, not a big deal and wouldn't expect any less. from what you seen and what ive said, where is the problem with the tank job involving lead. we contacted everyone we thought we should have and proceeded with their recommendations. I don't think you were dealing with blast pro in mandan at the time you say these jobs were offered. This company didn't have the means to even think about a job like that before I came along about a year ago. I am the majority owner and president, I do have a partner who was the original owner and he doesn't remember ever talking to anyone about a project like you describe. There are a couple smaller blasting outfits near me, I think you have us confused. I appreciate anything you can do for me Paul and I hope one day I might be able to something to help you out. heres a pic of me if anyone cares to see it. The pic was taken late last fall onsite of a pool blast and diamond coat that we did, the diamond coating was done by a company in Denver.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.