Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres a couple pics of one of our larger projects that we did this summer. This is a bulk fuel plant in S.D. we completed this project in 3 weeks or about 14 working days due to weather conditions using crushed glass as a blasting media on 8 of the tanks and we used coal slag with blastox for lead encapsulation on the other 7 tanks that we tested positive for lead. The piping and fuel dock were a challenge to finish due to the non stop wind in this part of the state. We contacted the EPA along with the S.D. state health board and our local landfill to get advice on procedure. TCLP testing had to be conducted on the slag before we were allowed to dispose of it. We blasted and painted the pipe first then wrapped it to avoid damage from the tank blasting. We were very methodical in the planning and organization stages of this job and it paid off with an exceptional fnished product and a very happy customer that kept us busy most of the summer. Sherwin Williams Chem primer and Chem 4000 paint were used for coating. The second set of pics is of a fertilizer tower that stood about 80 ft high (highest we have been yet) this job took us about a week to complete and wind was a huge factor for overspray, we waited for just the right day and got it done without a hitch, overspray is a huge liablity and we do everything and anything to avoid it at all costs.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

MANDAN, Im feeling very pissy tonight. I only have pics from my last few jobs. I have blasted and painted quite a few grain legs and grin bins. you have to keep posting If you want to talk. No more behind private stuff get it out there. PA

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Mandan You screwed yourself on the lead job. That is in a place I never heard of. That my friend is the midwest. If you are from a small town you will never get caught. I bought a Eagle Eseay roll contaiment last year. Waste of time

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Blastserve, I have no time on a hose today. Mandan needs to learn. post your jobs I dont have to find his jobs for him. I gave his last owner a tank job, There were three half millions in Ulen Mn, I also gave up Twinn Brooks ND, A 70' by 30' that was a good job too. He wants on, Sell it to me

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

I give up more jobs here on-line. Than I should. I know that most of you cant leave your day jobs. The jobs I post are the jobs that get you out of your day jobs. I have made it. I dont want to deal with chrome, but it is a company maker. I dont want it. Have after it I will post all info tomorro. P.S |Benny I want them pics. I will continue my proggresion of insults untill I Have them} Pa

·
Todd
848 Posts
i take it the job you are reffering to is a job that has chrome in the material to be blasted off and will require lots of red tape to do the job but will make large money if done correctly?why not do it?you seem to have been down that road before...is it the health risk or the red tape that is frustrating?

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

blastsere, I am done for the year Payroll an profits have been met. I bought a truck. I will post pics of it. I am on the way to clear water florida.

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
paying for leads, not a big deal and wouldn't expect any less. from what you seen and what ive said, where is the problem with the tank job involving lead. we contacted everyone we thought we should have and proceeded with their recommendations. I don't think you were dealing with blast pro in mandan at the time you say these jobs were offered. This company didn't have the means to even think about a job like that before I came along about a year ago. I am the majority owner and president, I do have a partner who was the original owner and he doesn't remember ever talking to anyone about a project like you describe. There are a couple smaller blasting outfits near me, I think you have us confused. I appreciate anything you can do for me Paul and I hope one day I might be able to something to help you out. heres a pic of me if anyone cares to see it. The pic was taken late last fall onsite of a pool blast and diamond coat that we did, the diamond coating was done by a company in Denver.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts