Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to put up my first blast booth (installing bigger one later). But have to get this one up quick. Have a 14 x 25 building (12 ft walls) with some overhangs and a side building for blast cabinet. So my question is has anyone found good fans that move enough CFM and has sealed motors for this besides the big expensive ones. I dont want to put to much money into this when i plan on building a bigger shop and booth later this year. This quick build has been forced on me. Also suggestions on lighting? Plan on having skylights and florescent. Thanks Randy

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Tsc farm store has a pretty good selection in the three hundred range with sealed motors.

$299.99

★★★★★
Be the first to review this product
Write a review . This action will open a modal dialog.
In Stores Only - Check Availability
Check Store Availability
SKU 3240594
Fan | Brand : MaxxAir | Stand Type : Wall Mount | Fan Blade Diameter : 24 in. | Overall Width : 14 in. | Overall Length : 29 in. | Overall Height : 29 in. | Case Material : Galvanized Steel | Current Rating : 4.35 A | Power Rating : 120 V More
Description Specifications Reviews
The MaxxAir Heavy-Duty Exhaust Fan with Integrated Shutter is well suited to ventilate many types of substances from dust to humidity, excluding hazardous chemicals or fumes. For use in Barns, Greenhouses or a variety of other locations.
Thermally protected 4.35 A enclosed PSC motor
4,100 CFM, single speed
20 ga. galvanized steel housing
Pre-drilled holes for easy installation
28 ga. galvanized gravity operated shutters
Requires minimum 8 sq. ft. intake ventilation area (NFA)
1 year limited warrantyld try one at a time. I have been using one for three years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Searched "fan" and nothing came up. Now searching other terms and getting some results. I noticed you and others talking about that fan. I was thinking about getting two of those. Then i came across this https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft_cooling_fans-ft_exhaust_fans;pg104059_104060.html . Same cost as two of those, but some serious air moving around that fan! Sealed motor also. May give it a shot. Either way have to have this done very soon. Will post results and pics. Please keep advice coming:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
That fan moves serious air, if your were planning on blowing the dust out into the open air it will do the job. But if you were wanting to filter the exhaust it would probably overwhelm the filter capacity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts