Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and got a Blackberry. I like it so far but the battery life sucks. By lunch or thereafter the battery is dead. I finally figured out that nothing can be running in the background. So I started closing them when I finished with something. But the battery still does not last very long.

The standby works great if I am not using it. But the operation time does not. I have been told that I can get a longer lasting battery for it. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I finally broke down and got a Blackberry. I like it so far but the battery life sucks. By lunch or thereafter the battery is dead. I finally figured out that nothing can be running in the background. So I started closing them when I finished with something. But the battery still does not last very long.

The standby works great if I am not using it. But the operation time does not. I have been told that I can get a longer lasting battery for it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Not at all. I was talking with a buddy the other day about it. both of us are on are blackberrys all day and they last 2 days. Don;t know whats with yours

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Tour. I was told that it does not have the wifi feature. I had a phone and it would last me a couple of days. But of course that was a basic no thrill phone:laughing:

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
On my last BB the battery life sucked and finally got so bad that it wouldn't even stay charged for 1 day. After the trackball stopped working I bought an iPhone. Best phone I have ever owned.

Gave the BB to one of my kids. She then dropped it in the toilet. Now she can get a job and buy her own.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Curve has been great until recently... it used to last all day and would still be on in the morning. recently it started dieing out around lunch time. The other day I checked for a software update and discovered my version is out of date. After the update the battery has returned to normal! Apparently there was something in the old software version that started eating the battery after the version change was released.. I suspect it was a second party app (facebook ect..) When you update a BB it will automatically update all of your apps too

Check for a software update either by hooking up to your comp and going to blackberry.com or do the wireless update in your settings . Also as a bonus my signal coverage seems to be better.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
How is the signal where you are working?
My BB will last all day without a problem. However, when a signal is lacking and the phone searches for one for an extended period of time, the battery draines much quicker

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
You either have a bad battery, or you have a bad battery.

I have a Bold, which is a just like your Tour, but I run WiFi, Bluetooth and all sorts of other crap all day and get a day and a half out of each charge even with those things hogging juice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Tour battery barely lasts the day. If I am on the road and using it all day its dead by 1PM. Its definitely my least favorite thing about the phone.

·
Utah carpenter
31 Posts
Check to make sure your network settings are correct. Mine would drain fast the first week and then got much better. The gps is a bid drain and bluetooth shortens the life. All BBs should last all day with average use. You can also get a larger battery or a portable battery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You probably have a bad battery - maybe it didn't fully charge on the initial charge when you bought it. It should last at least a day or day and a half. Make sure that first charge is according to the user manual

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am on my third phone and several batteries. In the beginning I think I left some things on without realizing it and it would drain the battery. But I think I have found what the culprit is. I think it is what Mellison suggested. I worked at the beach for three weeks and had a very good home signal and did not charge my phone except maybe every three days. Talked on it some but the battery held well.

When I got back to town and went to an area that sucks and is roaming, the battery is almost dead my mid afternoon. Today I stayed near my home area and only lost one bar all day. On the phone a lot today as well. I also remember being on the web for almost two hours because of a DR appointment and battery was fine.

So in the end, I am more careful to close out apps but I think because it is constantly looking for a signal, it is killing the battery faster. I would get a new battery that is long lasting but I should not have to. Also I will have to use my holster and right now I have a protective case with clip.

thanks for the heads up Mellison

1 - 16 of 16 Posts