Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an FYI for new Blackberry users. One of the nice features on this phone is the wifi. You can use the wifi mode via a router at home or at a wifi portal. Now here's the catch. Make sure you have the phone set up for this. Having been walked through with my carrier I thought I was set up. Well, $378 phone bill arrived because the set up was wrong. Second point to cover is support. Buy the unit from a store with really good tech support. These things have a bit of a learning curve and experience tech clitches. Have had to return a battery already after a few weeks. Third, if you take this thing for a test drive, as I did before buying, make sure you know how to access the minutes used on the phone. There is a log. If you go over X minutes the supplier will not return the phone. Your stuck with it. I was told I went over knowing I made 2 calls only. No one would send me a print out proving I went over and the sales associate could only supply me with a verbal number of exteded minute usage. I found out about the minute log after the fact. Fourth, and this is related to Rogers my carrier, know your plan! I am charged twice for using my voice mail. There is a per month charge and I am charged again in the deduction of my daytime minutes, the double wammy. I like to return calls ASAP but now I have to limit the number of times I check. Fourth, never buy one of these things on the spur of the moment. Those sales associates are like sharks. I suspect they get paid per sign up. If you feel the pressure sale run, run away as fast as you can! And finally, keep in mind that all tech support is done by people who speak poor english. I supose this is a sign of the times.:rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts