Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,198 Posts
Was at home depot, bought a Makita battery starter kit and the reciprocating saw was free. View attachment 519284 View attachment 519285
Not sure if you are a makita tool user or not? The reason they giving that recip saw away is because it's the 1st gen one. It has a use just not on the jobsite. Maybe good for the wifey? The good one has a hook and is brushless. They don't give those out as free tools.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,448 Posts
Not sure if you are a makita tool user or not? The reason they giving that recip saw away is because it's the 1st gen one. It has a use just not on the jobsite. Maybe good for the wifey? The good one has a hook and is brushless. They don't give those out as free tools.
Ugh, damnit.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,198 Posts
Ugh, damnit.
Yea,, I hate to say it but if you are breaking into Makita it will give you a bad start. Makita puts their cheapest tools in the kits most of the time,, not all the time but most. Both the recip and the 6½" circ saw you want the one with the hook on it, both of those are 2nd gen tools and the better ones.
Makita does make good tools!
LOL!
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Reactions: reggi

·
Registered
297 Posts
I grabbed this Milwaukee drill set because I wanted the M18 15 gauge after my Senco fusion locked up and it comes out to $50 more for the drill driver and another battery (it is a 1.5ah) compared to buying the 15 gauge gun kit.

Then I found out my dad wanted a new drill for Christmas so I went back and bought another set. HD has a few m18 and m12 deals going.

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,198 Posts
That saw goes on sale here for 249$ with 4 batteries.
Edit,,, that same deal with the free bare tool is 249$ at out local tool shop..

Reactions: Calidecks

·
Administrator
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thank you all for your contributions!
A reminder that you have one more day to enter for your chance to win the $50 Amazon Gift Card!
The thread will be closed this Tuesday before noon EST.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
45,223 Posts
GET 10% OFF SELECT ORDERS OF $99+ WITH CODE

Acmetools.com

Mike.
___

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
21 - 40 of 56 Posts