Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to paint a black board on a wall . Is there any paint that dont have any fumes or samething to add to reduce the smell .
Thanks in advance .

·
Store Owner
83 Posts
yep, I sell it. Benjamin Moore Chalkboard paint. product # 307-80. It's latex ( water cleanup ) and comes by the quart. It has very low odor that clears quickly. You need to apply minimum 2 coats, 3 is better.
Black only and costs $12.99/qt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, I sell it. Benjamin Moore Chalkboard paint. product # 307-80. It's latex ( water cleanup ) and comes by the quart. It has very low odor that clears quickly. You need to apply minimum 2 coats, 3 is better.
Black only and costs $12.99/qt
Thanks for your help I will try to see if here in Canada is the same product#.
How long I have to wait betwen coats ? .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Add one table spoon of vanilla extract to a gallon of paint. It will remind you of a cake in the oven when you paint. I use this trick when painting offices or other areas with lots of people to complain about the odor. I do not think this is any good to prevent actual paint allergies.

Jim

Reactions: manya45

·
Store Owner
83 Posts
Add one table spoon of vanilla extract to a gallon of paint. It will remind you of a cake in the oven when you paint. I use this trick when painting offices or other areas with lots of people to complain about the odor. I do not think this is any good to prevent actual paint allergies.
Yes this works to "cover" any smell, it doesent affect the paint performance at all.

Usually you have to wait an hour or so, sometimes sooner, sometimes longer. It's good to wait a few days before using chalk on the blackboard to ensure full cure of the film.

Canada has Benjamin Moore, their product numbering system might be slightly different, but the product should be available.

Locate a dealer here www.benjaminmoore.com then select Canada, and dealer locator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i use that chalkboard paint all the time....used it in my own place, and when i tell clients about it they think its cool too. Great product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts