Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a screen door yesterday and had to drill two holes with the provided spade bit. Instead of going back to the trailer I decided I would just use my impact as it was only two holes and it had it with me.

After drilling the holes without any problems I went to remove the bit and it's stuck. I think the cheap bit must have twisted inside the chuck.

Any tips on how to remove it??

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I tried a few I those with still no luck. Maybe I need to spend a bit more time with it.
Then go to Plan Z, muscle it out.
I've had to do that with regular impact bits on rare occasions. They just got stuck. I always managed to get them out even if it took two of us.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I wedged a bit in a hammer drill real good once and I had to put
It in a vice to wrestle out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had the same problem with my Makita, I ended up having to replace the part the bit goes in...bit wouldn't come out no matter what. It was very cheap to order the part I needed and its back in service and still my workhorse 4 yrs later.

I now refuse to lend my tools out, he is lucky I wanted a second impact which I bought until I got the one he screwed up fixed. I don't think it cost me more than $6 to fix it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts