Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a biscuit joiner and was wanting some opinions on which one is best. The Freud looks to be the best price but I'm not an experienced user. thanks

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
what are your needs or plans, biscuts are kind of old news:shutup: the new thing is dominos, if you got budget if you rarely use one then any brand will due! i have the older porter cable one, used it maybe a dozen times or so in 15 yrs! you can get them cheap on ebay any model!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I had never used a biscuit joiner before & Freud was a perfect beginner tool. The instructions are simple because it is simple.
Steve

I am looking to buy a biscuit joiner and was wanting some opinions on which one is best. The Freud looks to be the best price but I'm not an experienced user. thanks

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I've got an older DeWalt--It's been a good tool--easy to change settings.

Used it this week to mount light valances under some kitchen cabinets--I don't use it often but when you need it ,It's nice to have.--MIKE--

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts
I also have an older DeWalt that I think was made here in the USA.
I guess I got lucky with mine though, because I’ve read so many bad reviews about them having alignment problems that I don’t think I would recommend it at this point.
It also doesn’t have a setting for face frame [FF] biscuits, if that’s an issue for you.

That Lamello sure is nice, but in that price range, I think you would need to be a professional woodworker that uses it every day... or at least a well-healed sawdust and woodchip enthusiast. :w00t:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Weve got 2 of the Dewalt models.

They work great, very accurate, all the way up until some numnut drops it, hence why we have a second one now :furious:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts