Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting more and more hits on my website from Bing.com. But I don't understand how. The keywords they put in the search never seem to have my site listed. The last keyword that found my site was "custom". I went out 20 pages and couldn't find my website listing. How the heck are they getting to my site? I can believe these people are going that deep into the listings. I know I don't. Is there a way to find out where you are listed by using a keyword in Bing?

Thanks.:notworthy

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I found something recently that might be of interest for BING SEO.

Ed

http://blog.ineedhits.com/tips-advice/bing-seo-how-to-get-top-10-rankings-in-bingcom-13356290.html

We have been heavily documenting the rise of Bing on this blog, and there’s no denying it has definitely improved Microsoft’s position in terms of search market share.
So now the question for website owners and SEO’ers remains - “How do I rank higher in Bing and drive more traffic to my website?”
While the jury is still out on definitive strategies for top ranking success in Bing, there seems to be a growing chorus of support for certain tactics, which I have detailed below:

• Backlinks While backlinks are still used in the bing algorithm, it seems not to the same level as Google. Backlink counts for top 10 sites in Bing are much lower than Google, suggesting less importance.
  • Anchor Text It seems that Bing focuses more heavily on links with relevant anchor text, so that should influence your linking strategy - get your text anchor text right.
  • Onpage Optimization One of the more contensious factors, but many SEO experts believe Bing is weighting more heavily towards on-page optimization. Not sure this will remain the case, if in fact it is the case.
    • Keywords in URLs add significant ranking benefits
    • Title Tags are as important as always
    • Internal link anchor text seems to add significant weight to content relevance
  • Age & Authority It appears that Bing places a higher weighting on site/domain age and authority than Google. Again a factor that is surely not sustainable given the importance of social media and blogs in terms of relevant results.
Below is a chart that SEOwizz produced based Bn some analysis they conducted. They compared the top 2 results for the search “SEO Services” in Bing and Google to determine what factors matter most for the two respective websites.

As you can see from the general consensus and SEOwizz’s experiment, the top ranking factors for Google and Bing do differ.
The important thing to note is that none of them compete, so to get Top 10 rankings in Bing and Google wont compromise each other. Smart site owners should be covering off the factors of each search engine to maximize their website traffic.
If you’ve done your own research into what works and does’t work for Bing SEO - we’d love to hear what you’ve learnt.

Tags: anchor text, bing, bing.com, inbound links, linking, optimization, SEO, top 10, top ranking

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While this is all interesting, I still don't see how they are finding my site because the search does not seem to have a link to my site in there. I went out 23 pages and didn't find a link to my site. This is a known hit as my site tracker shows that they found me through Bing using the keyword "custom". But I don't see how they got there through the Bing link. Obviously it could be on page 100 or 2000. But who is going to go out that far in the listing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know the answer and I prefer Google but looks like you got something right in your site to show up in BING results.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually that kinda sucks. Yahoo treats me like a god with there searches.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Hi Leo....

I think your problem will get solved soon because Microsoft has purchased Yahoo so its search capability might get increased.
Nobody purchased anybody.
Yahoo will be using Bing as
their search engine though.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks just as well. Most of my seach engine hits come through Yahoo!

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
I was just trying it for the first time and I found what looks like an image of mine being used by a local competitor...but the link doesn't work on their website....I'll keep checking and if/when it does go make a little visit.

It's near the top of the page (the image), but it looks like they named it where they stole it from...:laughing: "my company....scanned"...then it links to their site, but I couldn't get much to come up.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Isn't that nice of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts