Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this spring I've started running a PPC click on Bing Ads. I was having good results with Google Adwords (after putting a lot of effort into it) so I figured more is better.

It took me a few hours to set up, and I transferred my Adwords account straight over, so it's all the same ads, landing pages, and keywords etc.

Here's the thing: last week I had 300 impressions with Adwords (still the slow season) but only like 7 impressions with Bing.

7 impressions a week will equal like 4 clicks per year. Doesn't seem worth it.

Anyone else using Bing ads? Do you get any impressions?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Doesnt seem like its going to pan out. I would contact bing and see if thats accurate or if somerthing if messed up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't like the bing keyword tool much but maybe you could look at that for some insight.

It seems their search volume is very small by comparison. I think google has near 70% of search volume.

Your bing PPC account search volume is a combined with yahoo since they merged their PPC programs

I think bing and yahoo combined have another 20 plus percent. If that's right your results don't make sense.

·
Sell by Educating
12 Posts
I'm not too surprised Lee. Google still dominates the vast majority of searches. Bing's market share is under 20%. (See comScore)

Personally, when it comes to the search engines, I only focus on Adwords with my clients. I don't think it's worth them spending the money on me to setup & optimize Bing ppc & I tell them that. Bing simply doesn't have the market share to justify it & there are other strategies that are much more worth the time & $ investment.

Perhaps you aren't paying someone to manage it & are doing it yourself, which is fine, but if it was me, I would still look into other marketing strategies before spending my time on Bing.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don't know about PPC on Bing, but I get weekly stats and its always 0 on Bing....I just don't think its all that popular for contractors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts