Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two billboards that are going to be going up for two months in two different parts of town. Turns out, they're a lot less costly than I first thought so I pulled the trigger on them. Although the purpose in the end is to get people to call, I know it's more for name recognition. With that said, I still need to have text on the billboard, best is 6 words or less (besides company name and phone number) and I don't have much of an idea what to say so that's the reason for this posting.

Who has a good idea?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Need Your Old Asphalt Roof Replaced?

Need Your Leaking Roof Repaired?

Ask About The 50 Year Shingle!

The Last Roofing Call You'll Make!

Your Local Waukesha Roofing Experts!

Worried About Your Worn Out Roof?

The Local Roofing Company That Cares.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need Your Old Asphalt Roof Replaced?

Need Your Leaking Roof Repaired?

Ask About The 50 Year Shingle!

The Last Roofing Call You'll Make!

Your Local Waukesha Roofing Experts!

Worried About Your Worn Out Roof?

The Local Roofing Company That Cares.

Should've just emailed you. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
:thumbsup: Ask About The 50 Year Shingle!

:thumbsup: The Last Roofing Call You'll Make!

Best Warranty - Best Craftsmanship - Best People (with beards)

The "EXPERT" thing is WAY over used up there. Where will the billboards be? Curious to follow response you get based on traffic-demographics

That and :whistling I'll "Tag" 'em with my contribution above. Want vermillion or hot pink graffitti?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did these work out?. We are looking at doing some.
I had two up at a time for four months. People are taking notice. My supplier has told me a lot of competitors have now asked about me and have taken more notice of my company. While that's cool and all, it wasn't my intention. The following is my intention.

I was called for a roof appointment two Fridays ago. When I asked how he found me, he told me he saw my website but then remembered seeing the billboards. I signed that job on the spot. I've also gotten a few other calls from them.

I will be running billboards all year this year. I have 5 going up in March and then I'll have two each month the rest of the year. My main reasoning is for brand recognition and when the time comes, people remember the billboards.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can you remember the last 5 billboards you drove past?
Not 5 but I remember the last three. (Menard's, Verlo, 24 HR Emergency Care)

They help establish credibility and are incredibly cheap for the amount of views they get.

I feel confident that the last roof job I signed was helped by the billboard that establishes credibility and a sense of security.

That's all its for.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Not 5 but I remember the last three. (Menard's, Verlo, 24 HR Emergency Care)

They help establish credibility and are incredibly cheap for the amount of views they get.

I feel confident that the last roof job I signed was helped by the billboard that establishes credibility and a sense of security.

That's all its for.

I don't disagree to an extent, however those last 3 also have marketing budgets that allow them to have a billboard presence with saturation that is all year long. One or two here and there for limited periods I don't think is as effective.

We did a few billboards and tried them two different years, you will find the costs inflate, especially when they tell you that you have to pay for a new vinyl to be printed.

They can be helpful, but our cost benefit over two years should it isn't our best marketing dollar. I hope they work better for you, we also focus on two different services so that may have a factor.

We are in the same area, did they let you select billboard locations? Clearchannel?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't disagree to an extent, however those last 3 also have marketing budgets that allow them to have a billboard presence with saturation that is all year long. One or two here and there for limited periods I don't think is as effective.

We did a few billboards and tried them two different years, you will find the costs inflate, especially when they tell you that you have to pay for a new vinyl to be printed.

They can be helpful, but our cost benefit over two years should it isn't our best marketing dollar. I hope they work better for you, we also focus on two different services so that may have a factor.

We are in the same area, did they let you select billboard locations? Clearchannel?
New Vinyl gets printed as part of the agreement for every board. In March, when I have 5 going up, its only $1500.00 in areas with median income over 60k. Normally ill have two or three running at a time for that same cost. These areas will also been seen over 1million times a month.

Yes, its through clear channel and I do get to pick locations. I'll be putting roughly 20k towards them this year and that should be a good gauge of effectiveness.

A lot depends on the message I'm sure and if you only do one a month then none the next and so on, I'm sure you'll get zero results. Its just like any other marketing in that you need to do it continually over a period of time to see results.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts