Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While on the jobsite today, I realized what happens to be my biggest pet peeve while at work. I have seen some posts where a few others have said theres but I am wondering what everyone elses is. I could not locate an old post of it.

Mine is when something gets to hard to do, guys walk away to let someone else (me) do it. Or, guys who are working on something then something else comes up that is easier and instantly they hop right on it.

My biggest one is guys who do not bring their own freaking water and before I even have any out of my jug it is all gone. I now leave it in the truck and was asked by a guy if I needed him to bring me my water. Now I figured out who drinks it all.

Your biggest peeve?

·
ampman
783 Posts
slackers on the job saying thats not my job or hes buying a nice car and i can't get a raise or i deserve this that or the other, just remember even as a business owner we still work for someone, wealth envy sucks if you want somthing get out there and work for it

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
not construction related, but hands down my BIGGEST peeve of all time and brings out the worst in me EVERYTIME.
People waiting for an elevator right in front of the door, as if noone ever exits. I'll stomp through em everytime without a thought, men women and children

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
While on the jobsite today, I realized what happens to be my biggest pet peeve while at work. I have seen some posts where a few others have said theres but I am wondering what everyone elses is. I could not locate an old post of it.

Mine is when something gets to hard to do, guys walk away to let someone else (me) do it. Or, guys who are working on something then something else comes up that is easier and instantly they hop right on it.

My biggest one is guys who do not bring their own freaking water and before I even have any out of my jug it is all gone. I now leave it in the truck and was asked by a guy if I needed him to bring me my water. Now I figured out who drinks it all.

Your biggest peeve?
You do know that you are supposed to supply clean drinking water? It was posted here somewhere that it is an OSHA requirement.

I understand where you are coming from though, it can be a pain, guys used to go in my lunchbox gor sodas, because they always knew I had some. That burned me up!!!!:censored:

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,556 Posts
Ok - on the serious side: One timers on the site that don't complete their profiles. :no: How can a question be answered when we don't know where they are located - when we don't know what they do - when we don't know their exerience level? :censored::censored::censored:

They should be made to look stupid in a Dura-Rock vidio! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Ok - on the serious side: One timers on the site that don't complete their profiles. :no: How can a question be answered when we don't know where they are located - when we don't know what they do - when we don't know their exerience level? :censored::censored::censored:

They should be made to look stupid in a Dura-Rock vidio! :clap:
Amen!

Edit-any of you who were tuned in last night saw a prime example.

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,556 Posts
When times are tough, the tough turn to being idiot stand-ins that can't act too well like they are having a hard time with a flipping screw gun!
They paid you for that? How much? Maybe I should start rehearsing! Oh wait no rehearsing required! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
490 Posts
Got a call this week. "We bought a new "electric service" for our home. Can you come give us a price." Me: "I sell a new service as a complete product. It includes Labor, materials, sales tax, and warranty".Them: "we have "everything" we just need you to "hook it up".":no:

No way I am going to open that can of worms. It makes me think of a quote from one of the other guys that I've seen on here: "I never lost a penny on a job I did not take." There is no way that I am going to debate things with a homeowner such as using a $.50 cable clamp instead of just running the romex through the bare knockout.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts