Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the interstate in our area is under going alot of construction. There are big uneven swells and bumps that toss trailer side to side, kind of in a big side to side motion. Well, apparently either I or 1 of my guys did not strap down the form sprayer. It tipped over, top came off and covered a third of the wood trailer floor. It soaked awhile but I soaked up as much as I could.

My question is, I was going to paint the trailer floor, was looking rough. Will paint adhere to the soaked floor? I am afraid it won't and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't paint it sooner. Basically, am I screwed?

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,513 Posts
Pretty sure you are. :laughing:

Just paint a section. What's the worst that could happen, paint'll peel off? :laughing:

Delta

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I think Sherwin Williams sells an epoxy primer, try it and tell us how it works. Or you can cover it with some diamond plate metal flooring.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will probably have to lay down a 1/4" layer of plywood, but I have so much custom built in there it's gonna be a bear! I posted it on the show off your trailer setups a while ago, it's gonna suck.

It doesnt smell too bad, slippery as heck though...

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had not thought of floor dry, not sure why, must have brain farted! Put some down today, has already helped. Got new sprayer and heres my solution to keep it from falling over again. Thanks for the info everyone:thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts