Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 rooms that i need to place a bid on both rooms are 225 sqft.They require a little spackle work but other then that no real prep work.No trim work or base molding just paint on the walls and ceilings. One room is regular paint and the other will be faux finished (ragging)
I also have 2 decks that are 55 lft.One deck is a simple re-coat and the other is a full strip and refinish.What would you guys bid?

·
Registered
16 Posts
?????

come on, is this a trick , you give all kinds of pricing help and you cant figure this out? whats wrong with this picture? i know you know so why ask? peace, dave out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quality Painter said:
come on, is this a trick , you give all kinds of pricing help and you cant figure this out? whats wrong with this picture? i know you know so why ask? peace, dave out :rolleyes:
Your right Quality,its all a big conspiracy to give all kinds of pricing help and to ask questions at the same time this way i get to confuse genius like you.If asking questions and giving help is a strange concept for you maybe your in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
169 Posts
SwishPainting said:
I have 2 rooms that i need to place a bid on both rooms are 225 sqft.They require a little spackle work but other then that no real prep work.No trim work or base molding just paint on the walls and ceilings. One room is regular paint and the other will be faux finished (ragging)
I also have 2 decks that are 55 lft.One deck is a simple re-coat and the other is a full strip and refinish.What would you guys bid?
Swish, First..how many sq. ft. of surface? Are you ragging 1 color or 2? PDCAs estimating guide has ragging 2 colors at 30 sq.ft./Hr. As far as the decks go you better test the one that needs to be stripped to find out whats going to be needed to get the old finish off...what are you going to use for cleaning?....for stripping? what kind of railing system is there?...any steps? Hows the access to the decks any slopes..uneven ground..landscaping? Is the deck you have to strip up against a wall that has a finish on it? You might get more helpful answers if you give more info.
Dale

·
Registered
16 Posts
SwishPainting said:
Your right Quality,its all a big conspiracy to give all kinds of pricing help and to ask questions at the same time this way i get to confuse genius like you.If asking questions and giving help is a strange concept for you maybe your in the wrong forum.

wow sorry to offend you, i would charge 65.00 per hour plus materials. and i would figure how many hours it would take and add materials. but i mostly work on new costom homes and bid from plans so if you need any help with that let me know. peace man, dave out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts