Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have just spent the past hour reading through the messages. Good stuff. But I need some help. I have been doing high volume residential jobs. I want to get into commercial work but have no idea what to charge. I have heard $72 - $100 a linear foot would cover metal, drywall, mud, labor, etc. I can figure this out myself but I do not know any commercial experiance people. What am I going to pay to have the tracks and metal studs installed? Is it priced per foot, wall, by the hour (if so how many linear feet should I figure should be put up an hour) I am guessing the rate I pay to hang, finish, the wall board with be the same. Any help would be great.

Prepare in lesiure for what you do in haste.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've done commercial framing and drywall for a few years, but always for someone else. I have no idea how to bid. Sorry. I have been wanting to learn that too. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joncan63935 said:
I've done commercial framing and drywall for a few years, but always for someone else. I have no idea how to bid. Sorry. I have been wanting to learn that too. Where are you located?
How did you get paid for laying and putting up the metal studs? Hourly??

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bill by the hour for framing, whether it's metal or wood, here in my area I am currently charging $30 per manhour. HTH guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to get into commercial metal framing, but i have no idea what to charge Is it priced per foot, wall, by the hour (if so how many linear feet should I figure should be put up an hour).
Any help would be great.
thank you very must.
JOSE CALDAS..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts