Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I never Bidded a fence job before, It's 550 feet,wood fence. I figured it to have 1161 Boards,70 post,138 railing boards. Can you all give me your input I would appreciate it very much, Thanks.

Tim

www.tmfhomeimprovements.com

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
How much is the material? X 1.20
How many hours will it take? Rate x 1.20
You will hit rocks and obstructions. You'll need more concrete than you thought.
Add $500 for that
You'll probably rent a posthole digger. x 1.20

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
I find its not practical to build fences any more, most fence companies do it faster and cheaper here on long island,they get the lumber much cheaper ,they order tractor trailer loads at a time and there set up to assemble it much quicker.in the end there is not much profit in it for us ,so why bother.we base our prices on a per post basis (chain link,wood,and pvc).per custom cuts fee $20,00,hard surface hole fee$20.00,any obstructions in the ground fee (Depends what it is),clearing the line fee $3,00 per ft,take down and cart away fee $ $1,50 per ft take down, $1,50 per ft to cart away the fence,and of course lunch fee at least $20,00,its an easy system, no guess work its all in black and white,what type of fence did you plan on building and why not purchase it?Wood post installation is $35.00 per,that includes nailing one section up,we don't cement wood in,if customer insist the'll be an additional charge,we find the post last longer

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
My quote for 600 ft. was $4.800.00. That's for hand built shadowbox, no 'bad' side.

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
My quote for 600 ft. was $4.800.00. That's for hand built shadowbox, no 'bad' side.
sounds cheap,my estimate would of been about $9000.00 here in New York,and thats purchasing assembled cedar sections any size i need,cedar caps $ 12.00 more per post,PVC would be about double that. :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
This is one of the reasons that price discussions mean little here. In OK it might be $3K, in HI it might be $12K.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
For me, $10,000 CDN would just cover the material costs for 550 ft. of PT fence.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
My point, exactly.

It also applies to anyone else looking for pricing info. We are not all the same!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends how high the fence is. Sounds like your a little under on the boards. Its better to have a little too many than be X amount boards short.

6 foot PT board fence I would charge about $13k. And thats the I need the work price. PT is getting more expensive because of the new additive. I only use cedar/redwood: $16k cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.