Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
wayne said:
I see that you do not understand my question! Try under contract to do a job. CONTRACTS
I'm lost, Wayne. Are you looking for actual sample documents - contracts. Or, are you looking for marketing leads that you can potentailly turn into signed contracts for work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mdshunk said:
I'm lost, Wayne. Are you looking for actual sample documents - contracts. Or, are you looking for marketing leads that you can potentailly turn into signed contracts for work?

Looking for marketing leads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wayne I also was going to post asking the same question. Right now I only use computer leads and referral its not enouigh. Does anyone know what the most cost effective way would be flyers, verizon yellow pages newspapers sub from builders etc etc. thanks acey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raelynn said:
wayne I also was going to post asking the same question. Right now I only use computer leads and referral its not enouigh. Does anyone know what the most cost effective way would be flyers, verizon yellow pages newspapers sub from builders etc etc. thanks acey

Thanks for the reply. It would seem that they do not want to give us any 411 great forum ay!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
donb1959 said:
Wayne,
Should I come out to bid the jobs when you do happen to get a call? :evil:
What is wrong with getting advice from a pro- fisherman as you say you are?
Thanks for the tip's... NOT!

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
I dare say.... :rolleyes: ...even though you are truly welcome here...any more time on this forum would be a waste of time...unless you change your attitude. That's my guess :cheesygri . We don't take too well to someone coming in and copping an attitude because he/she hasn't gotten an answer in 6 hours...DURING THE DAY...when most contractors are WORKING...this forum doesn't pay ya know...most of us are happy to do it...BUT...we do have mouths to feed...houses to keep...bills to pay, both personal and business.

NOW....

against my better judgement, I'm going to answer with my opinion:

Newspaper ads, radio, internet "freebies" such as handymanonline.com, internet "non-freebies" such as servicemagic and wingatesolutions.com (above). What can you afford? What is your target "audience"? If you don't know...find out before wasting your money on any advertising or referal services. Your best advertising will come from past clients who are happy with your work, but if you act like this to them, maybe not.

BTW, coming on and saying "what is the best way to obtain contracts?" is a pretty general question. Be MUCH more specific and you'll likely get better answers. I thought you meant documents also when I read it.

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
Wayne,
a) Decide who your customers are.
b) Decide how to get them.
c) Get them.
However basic these three steps may seem, they take a lot of work,
a lot of education through many resources (like this one), and they
constitute a marketing plan.
I find most people here are very helpful, they will give you a lot.
Some of them expect you to do some work too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Find a nitch and go for it, something that will get you in the door.

Then find a group you wish to hit with it, we had a guy that ran an add in
the towns news letter right next to ours with a price list for everything that he did, water heater replacements, boiler replacements, faucets , drains, ect ect.

Sorry to say at first he was kinda of busy, however his prices could not carry his operation for long.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wayne has a bad attitude. Good luck getting contracts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts