Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best way to target property managers with your advertising?

Does anyone know of any property management publications? Probably knocking on some doors would be the best method. What are your suggestions?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
The internet may be a resource, I have used it and found many (not all of course).
Then I came up with a game plan, and sent out mail inviting them to use me and earn stuff (airline miles) for their business.

Didnt work too well though.
This list also gave me tons of email for em too, and I sent some spam :)
Ooops, got nothin from that.

Let me know what you come up with and let me know. I would love to hear suggestions.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking place adds in industry publications. Every trade has a magazine :) I was also thinking of joining a trade group. I found one called BOMA. After I join the trade group this will allow me to network with other members.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Grumpy,

You may want to check out this web site for property and facility managers.

http://www.facilitycity.com/

On this site you'll find a couple of trade publications. One in particular is Today's Facility Manager. There's also another publication entitled Facility Management. There is another magazine, but it deals mostly with the management of a facilities equipment and machinery.

Mailing lists are available for subscribers of these publications, but they're pricey. However, they can be acquired by state or county. The subscribers include commercial building owners, facility managers and property managers.

For residential lists the local board of Realtors normally publishes lists of commercial property management companies, and many have monthly newsletters.

The lists can be used for targeted direct mail or call lists.

Hope that helps.

Mark Havens

U

·
0 Posts
The best way to target property managers

Grumpy said:
What do you think is the best way to target property managers with your advertising?

Does anyone know of any property management publications? Probably knocking on some doors would be the best method. What are your suggestions?
The best way I've found to get a foot in the door of a property manager is to do some residential work for them, a member of their family, or one of their friends, anybody that will spread the word about the quality of work you do.

Word of mouth works across the board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts