Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone has experience installing Escapes yet? Looking for some experiences with install methods.

I am leaning towards adhesive with a finishing nail. I have heard others talk about screws. I have also seen the Cortex system, but I am not sold on the finished look.

Thanks.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Just use PL Premium and no nails.

Tip: get your helpers to roll around on the boards for 5-10 min. each and they hold perfectly!

·
Banned
397 Posts
Have you tried "sapping"?

Just take a sharp hatchet and whack the top of the joists then set the decking down. The sap in the joist will ooze up and when it dries it holds like a chimp grabbing a barbie doll from your daughter.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
you guys bust me up! I'm *****in rollin' on the floor here!!
The OP is priceless...glue and finish nails!

Love the suggestions...keep 'em comin'!!

I'm on #4 right now so everything seems a little funnier...what the hell, I don't have to get up tomorrow!

Mac

·
153 Posts
You talking about Trex Escapes or fire escapes? If it's Trex, go to their web site. It has install instructions and install videos. If you are seriously thinking of using glue and trim nails, save time and use velco instead.:thumbup:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Have you tried "sapping"?

Just take a sharp hatchet and whack the top of the joists then set the decking down. The sap in the joist will ooze up and when it dries it holds like a chimp grabbing a barbie doll from your daughter.

Sapping .. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Too funny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts