Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small low-voltage company in Alabama,quit laughing...there are computers in Alabama, and I am looking for the best way to get added to bid lists. We have done about 9 building renovations on Air Force bases in our area and now we are looking into moving into the commercial world. How should we get on GC bid lists and building relationships with Electrical contractors?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,689 Posts
Get on the phone and call 'em up. Some will tell you they only work with pre-approved contractors and that you're 'not on the list'. Move on.

Some will direct you to their web site. Others may want to meet you in person. Others will email/fax/snail mail a form.

Each company is different. Some will be helpful, and some will by snooty.

·
Synacom
61 Posts
I have been looking at services like Bidclerk and Dodge Reports lately but the prices seems high for a small company. One was $1900 a year for my city and that doesn't help because I work in a number of cities. I have been able to meet with a few contractors through my local chamber and sales groups. The difficult part is to think of myself as a sales person but that's the hat you have to wear when it's time to bring in the business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am currently using Bidclerk, seems to be OK. I guess it does boil down to being a sales guy, or hiring one. What is the standard contract to hire a sales guy? Salray + Commision, Commision only?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.