Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ex Nail Pounder
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the best way to clean construction dirt off of new copper standing seam roofs?

·
Registered
56 Posts
55 gallons of tabasco sauce :cheesygri
would be interesting to find out myself been installing some copper lights and keeping them clean is a bear try to install them when there is noone left on job

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Not sure what construction dirt? But you may need to do the entire area, even if its only a few days old. The copper changes pretty fast. maybe not initialy to the eye but compare an exposed couple days old piece to a brand new piece or and you will see.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
You'll have to do the whole area IMO. If you just clean one panel people will see the difference.

What kind of construction dirt? The answer to that question will dictate my answer. If it's just dust, you can probably scrub it off with mild soap. If it's something else then we'll just have to wait for your answer.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
sawdusted said:
Watkins toilet bowl cleaner , works great on small stuff i've never tried it on a large area...
Dan
You've got a 'copper' toilet? - - I'm jealous :cheesygri

'Cept for the green ring you must have around your butt :eek:

·
Commercial construction
606 Posts
Tom R said:
...You've got a 'copper' toilet?...
Wow. With the high coefficient of thermal conductivity, that baby would be COLD to sit on.

It would also make for an uneasy feeling during thunderstorms.

·
Ex Nail Pounder
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grumpy said:
You'll have to do the whole area IMO. If you just clean one panel people will see the difference.

What kind of construction dirt? The answer to that question will dictate my answer. If it's just dust, you can probably scrub it off with mild soap. If it's something else then we'll just have to wait for your answer.
Grumpy,

It's construction site dust mainly. It's on the whole roof. We're not trying to make the roof shiny again, just clean. So far we're using a hose with mops & rags with mixed results.

Are there any light cleaning solutions we might try? I have 13 roofs at about 5,000 square feet each.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts