Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Ibufrofen, before starting to dig. Continue 3 gel caps every 6-8 hours or as needed for next 2-3 days.

I would highly recomend large amounts of beer, the evening after... to compensate for the calorie losses.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm with Grizzly and Texas Wax. Get a laborer and hand him a shovel. Then just pull up a lawn chair and grab some beer. By the time you finish a 12-pack, he should be done.

What are the soil conditions? Might take 2 12-packs if hard packed and rocky😎

·
Registered
Remodel
29,642 Posts
Shovel and digging bar. If there's a bunch of roots and crap at the surface, start with a cutting mattock, then shovel it up.

4X4 is actually a little tight to dig in once you get down a ways

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I dug a hole with a shovel bigger than that the other day to burry a dog.About 1.5 hours and plenty of beer .I'm 57.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Shoot, thats hardly bigger than a goose hunting pit. Dig those under the truck headlites, done by midnight, and sitting inside waiting for the geese by 6.

And it was 'fun'

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Definitely makes a difference what soil type and if it's wet, dry, frozen....etc..around here in the middle of summer it would be some tough going. I like Calideks idea of using a demolition hammer. I've used my Bosch Bulldog with a chisel before on a dig, but it's on the small side for that..

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Yeah...get a shovel...that's nothing to hand dig...a mini ex? seriously? 4'x4'x36"? I suppose if you could, but a half a day with a shovel will get that thing dug, and to top it off the yard isn't torn up at all.
A mini ex costs 200 dollars to rent for one day, a 10 min drive to pick up, and a few bucks in diesel. Why would I touch a shovel?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts