Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got to say, I've talked to a lot of you guys on the phone over the years.

It's nice to help and get help on things, and sometimes just confirm what we are doing to see if we are are the right track.

10 years ago we would've asking our neighbors for help with no answers and stepping on toes.

Here we are years later, chatting with each other all over the world.

Thinking of this because I talked with Bill last night and his knowledge saved me a $15,000. Mistake - Thanks Bill !!

Hey, I might know enough about everything to be dangerous, but by the time we learn it all we'll be in the ground.

Might as well share it Lol

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
This forum certainly helped me out starting a new media blasting business. My knowledge in the beginning was limited and reading through all the posts was time well spent in research.

I do regret not finding the site a little sooner, before I bought my first piece of equipment (a used sodablasting pot). That would have saved me a grand in stupid tax.

Shout out to Dyer, betterblast, ausisoda, MasterBlaster, blastserv, painter123, and all the others that contribute to this forum.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blast off, same here
I transferred from shipyard blasting to sole owner
Although I had 12 years behind the hose and fixing equipment, I found the site a year after I started on my own.
Newfie me was pricing, the work I knew
Even after 10 years on my own, and doing many many different jobs I'm still learning
Or I forget more than I know Lol

·
Todd
848 Posts
I cannot agree more, Jim! This site is where the competition ends and the help begins. I just refer to it when someone asks me a question now. We are all busy and usually tired but there sure is enough time to come in here randomly and see what's new!

Keep it up guys!

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
Now if only we could get the rest of the site to behave like you all do in the blasting section!:laughing:

I don't think a moderator has so much as peeked in here for at least a couple years!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well said! I certainly appreciate the help that I got a few months back. Its helped a lot! I have a lot to learn, but I'm off and running!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very helpful site

I purchased a blast rig earlier in the year and joined this site to help me understand and operate the equipment. I have only posted a few times, and appreciate the specialized input from Sand Pot And Dyer.
Due to my normal work load I had to put my blast rig on the back burner but am anxious to let everyone know that I am in the process of putting the final touches into my blast rig.
As I have shared in the past, I am not computer savvy, and a slow two fingered pecker, I find myself researching past topics and posts to get answers because it takes me a while to post a message. ( this one is taking forever ). I have learned a lot from this forum and thank every one for their willingness to share their expert advice and opinions.
I will try to become more active and share my experiences with my blast rig in the last few months. Even though I am a beginner, I have a lot to share.
Thanks, Mike :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts