Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm trying to purchase a good quality texture sprayer / hopper. Can anyone recommend me something good?

Thanks.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,036 Posts
I have the Marshalltown Sharpshooter 2.0, just because I by all concrete and drywall tools from Marshalltown. I also don't do a ton of drywall, so I don't know if it's all that good or not. Works for me.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
What's your expected volume of work? I've been happy with the Wal-Board Texture Pro (I think from HD), but then I only do the occasional wall or ceiling, orange peel or knockdown, to match some existing decor.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I also use the Wal-Board texrure pro.It's been years since I've used any others so don't really know how it compares but is better than my last one. 70 or 80 bucks at HD.Make sure you clean the chit out of it when done.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Goldblatt Pattern Pistol here:thumbsup:

Bring a couple of compressors;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Goldblatt Pattern Pistol here:thumbsup:

Bring a couple of compressors;)
I agree. The hopper isnt as important as the air supply. A compressor that can hold 40 and above psi CONSTANT is not cheap. If you dont have access to a big compressor,, rent one. A gas powered wheelbarrow type and you will be able to spray like the wind blows

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
WallBoard Pro 200.

You can use it with almost any compressor that can provide 2.4 CFM @ 40 psi. When you release the trigger it stops using air. I run mine off of one of these little Porter Cable compressors and shoot entire rooms with it...... some times a few rooms. Been dogging it for 8-9 years and it keeps on pushing air.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Porter-Cable-6-Gal-150-psi-Oil-Free-Pancake-Compressor-C2002/203162815

With that said...... most any hopper brand I have used seemed to work well after a little practice. I prefer the Wallboard for the limited air demand. My best best knockdown patterns always came off of a old GoldBlatt that I have stored away some wheres. I have no idea what model it is.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What's your expected volume of work? I've been happy with the Wal-Board Texture Pro (I think from HD), but then I only do the occasional wall or ceiling, orange peel or knockdown, to match some existing decor.
Same here, works great. Stay away from the stupid one at Lowes that has the rubber sleeve that holds the hopper to the gun, used it once and the hopper fell off spilling mud everywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts