Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a new siding nailer. Have a decent size clapboard job coming up, about 7000 Lnft. Was looking at the Bostitch n66c-1. Amazon has it for $240. so I was wondering what some of you guys run, if you had any experience with the bostitch and which ones you recommend. And what you like about certain guns. any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
I've got the Hitachi and I love it. I've never been disappointed by a Hitachi air tool though. Disclaimer: we don't do siding as a main line, usually just for gables and wall repairs when we're doing a deck with a cover.

·
Registered
103 Posts
siding nailer

I bought the Bostich based on price and the fact that it was locally available and a little less money than the Hitachi. I have also never had a problem with Hitachi guns but to be honest I thought the siding nailer was something I would only use once or twice as I've gone twenty years without one. I ended up running four boxes of nails through it in four months as they are incredibly handy to have once you guy one. The Bostich has been great

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
Duo Fast, but not real happy with them. They jamb a lot.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
we have 4 of the hitachi's that are about 14 years old. they jamb occasionally but thats do to age.. we also have 2 new sencos which arent bad but are massive compared to the hitachis

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hitachi for me. Have their framer, brad, and finish nailer too and love them. Only Bostich I own is a roofing nailer and I bought it new off craigslist for $100 so couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have Hitachi, and really like it. Light weight and rarely jams. Great for fencing, too, though I haven't done any of those in years. Makita makes an excellent siding nailer as well. I'm not usually a fan of their nailers, but this one is a gem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
MJconstruction said:
Looking to purchase a new siding nailer. Have a decent size clapboard job coming up, about 7000 Lnft. Was looking at the Bostitch n66c-1. Amazon has it for $240. so I was wondering what some of you guys run, if you had any experience with the bostitch and which ones you recommend. And what you like about certain guns. any input is appreciated.
Hitachi, have several and not 1 problem.

·
Registered
435 Posts
calmod said:
I bought the Bostich based on price and the fact that it was locally available and a little less money than the Hitachi. I have also never had a problem with Hitachi guns but to be honest I thought the siding nailer was something I would only use once or twice as I've gone twenty years without one. I ended up running four boxes of nails through it in four months as they are incredibly handy to have once you guy one. The Bostich has been great
I second every thing he just said. I recently bought on a big azek trim install. Love it don't know how I ever did without. Stainless ring shank full head. Best of everything. Thumbs up :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use the super maxx siding mailer it cycles faster than Hitachi, they r sweet. And to all you guys who never have jams how do you prevent th occasional nail from crossing in coil? Also if you r blind nailing the wire collated nails are way cheap but do leave a little piece of wire showing, so I use plastic collated for face nailing.

·
Registered
15,288 Posts
Anyone use the other Bostitch the 75, its called a siding gun but also a sheathing gun.

This would be far more useful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts