Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best ratcheting screwdriver under $20?

I'm in need of a ratcheting screwdriver for my tool belt. I'm looking for something that holds multiple bits and isn't too huge.

Looking for something around $20 or less.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Never bought a bahco tool that seemed crap and that I wouldnt buy again. Their handsaws and socketry are universally used among construction trades. I wouldnt even contemplate buying a non bahco file or rasp.
I have one bacho bastard and it's a great file, but I really like my corradi files.

·
Registered
13,208 Posts

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried to change the thread title to more accurately reflect what I am looking for. Which is something around $20 or less. But it didn't work. I'll add it to the OP.

These look like great suggestions and I thank you guys for them. However, even though this is a tool I would use often enough to warrant a place in my belt, I don't see it as something I could justify spending $33-$63 on.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I tried to change the thread title to more accurately reflect what I am looking for. Which is something around $20 or less. But it didn't work. I'll add it to the OP.

These look like great suggestions and I thank you guys for them. However, even though this is a tool I would use often enough to warrant a place in my belt, I don't see it as something I could justify spending $33-$63 on.
Would you go non ratcheting? Maybe try a 10 n 1?

·
Registered
6,819 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had this Craftsman one for a few years now:
http://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Auto-loading-Multi-bit-Srewdriver/dp/B00333Q27Q
It was on sale, and truth be told I didn't think it would last. With six bits I can pretty much be ready for whatever I come up against, be it flat head, phillips, torx, or robertson.

I just realized that it doesn't ratchet, but that hasn't been a deal breaker for me. There is a red bit at the end of the handle that spins freely, so you can hold that and turn with the other hand.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts

I'm too poor to buy cheap things.

·
Registered
13,208 Posts

I'm too poor to buy cheap things.
I'm too poor to buy expensive things. :laughing: I acquired mine from a clean out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.