Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at ordering some business promotional products like Postcards, pens, calendars, T-shirts, etc. and wanted to see what your experiences were with these or any other items..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My Dad, who started our company in 1951, was old school. He felt that your work was your advertisement , which is true...to an extent. But I'm all about putting my company name on everything. :thumbsup:

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
When it comes to promotional items, it's better to blow your budget on a single really nice item than a bunch of little crappy ones. Pens are a fun give out for a cheaper item that is useful. For a more costly item a shirt or mug is very useful. Of course, the complication with shirts is the sizing.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
When it comes to promotional items, it's better to blow your budget on a single really nice item than a bunch of little crappy ones. Pens are a fun give out for a cheaper item that is useful. For a more costly item a shirt or mug is very useful. Of course, the complication with shirts is the sizing.
I agree pens for just leaving almost everywhere you go and more decent items to give to customers so they remember you next time they have a need for your service.

We has a realator in town who leaves pens everywhere, and everyone in town knows his name, ask anyone to recommend a realator and they give you his name.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you want something that will last a long time give out Rugby Jersey's with your company logo and name on the back. People were blown away when my old boss did that. That was 11 years ago and I still have mine, lol.

Another unique idea I saw a little while ago was a landscaping contractor parked at home depot who had a small magnetized sign on his truck door. Part of the sign was a little plastic well that held several fridge magnets. He had a little red arrow pointing to the magnets and telling you to take one. I would have took one but they were all gone :( lol, not sure if some kid swiped them all or the guy was a genius.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I read a plumbing business book once that talked about a guy who handed out teddy bears to every kid with his business name on it somewhere....a nice one ($20 range)...he claimed it worked well for him....

I cant imagine a homeowner wanting kids toys from a poop sprayed plumber, but I guess if it was wrapped in plastic from the factory most homeowners would accept it....

you'd have to raise your prices by $20+ per service call though...if they had 5 kids you'd work for almost nothing....I assume this was a very high priced guy

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
Companies still give out pens, and other promotional items and expect it to work?

There must be a better way to spend your advertising dollars?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts