- deep deep deep -
If no soul could see the disarray
and live to share, live to speak
Could we ever rightly say
If caulk will prevent a shower leak?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well if it's felt I'll pick it up at the craft/fabric store. No it is not measured in coats an no silicone is crap if you have to use silicone in a tiled shower to stop a leak then you did something wrong which means rrk has been doing it right.
Like i said, I'm not sure of the chemical make up of the "felt". If you don't use silicone in your shower installs, you have no idea what you're doing. Use of silicone is following manufacturer recommendations. I guess you could flash and use ice and water sheild, but your drywaller would be pissed.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Like i said, I'm not sure of the chemical make up of the "felt". If you don't use silicone in your shower installs, you have no idea what you're doing. Use of silicone is following manufacturer recommendations. I guess you could flash and use ice and water sheild, but your drywaller would be pissed.
Seriously dude you don't have a clue silicone is NOT what waterproofs a tiled shower. You have no idea how to do a shower end of conversation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
leaks happen, it's not a big deal. I find it hard to believe in 35 years you've never had a leak. My guess is you suck so bad that your clients are having someone else fix your leaks, or they simply don't like you and are having somebody fix them. Plus, you're taking away from the original post, so we'll be done now, Skippy.
Firstly I didn't say 35 years. I'm only 35 so that would be questionable. Secondly I haven't had a leaking shower in the approximate 100 showers I've done and I would know bc I have had the same number since I started and I would hear something regardless if they decided to have me fix the issue or not. Thirdly the leak had been resolved. It was coming from the shower door clip that was mounted to the curb. So it wasn't an issue with my waterproofing capabilities for all you smart ass hats that think they know everything. Nothing but a bunch of pompous assholes on this thread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
shouldn't the schluter drain assembly be set before the kerdi membrane. I'm not saying thats the cause of your leak, but if the pic above is a pic of the shower in question, it needs to be ripped out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
No you set the drain on top of the Pan and then there is a circle membrane that goes over top of the drain this step wasn't complete when the picture was taken.

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
Firstly I didn't say 35 years. I'm only 35 so that would be questionable. Secondly I haven't had a leaking shower in the approximate 100 showers I've done and I would know bc I have had the same number since I started and I would hear something regardless if they decided to have me fix the issue or not. Thirdly the leak had been resolved. It was coming from the shower door clip that was mounted to the curb. So it wasn't an issue with my waterproofing capabilities for all you smart ass hats that think they know everything. Nothing but a bunch of pompous assholes on this thread.
He wasn't talking to you. Cool ya jets man.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,333 Posts
He wasn't talking to you. Cool ya jets man.
No ****. Take it down a notch Bubba. Only 35 and able to get that wound up over some keyboard karate, the ole ticker is gonna give out by 45. Everybody who types anything is the best at everything they do at that exact moment.

It's a magic place, everyone should have to type everything put with a video attached. If you aren't smiling, you aren't doing the internet right.

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
Just eat a brownie and read my poem. Picture yourself in the midst of a tempest. No that’s a bad trip. Picture yourself washed up on a beautiful tropical beach the next morning. Surrounded by angry cannibals!

·
Eater of sins.
4,687 Posts
If in a torrent…
A ship springs a leak
and the men fight the freak
waves and surf and rocks
and apply their sealers and their caulks
and pound in oakum Godly fast
while the wind relieves them of their mast
and they bail with buckets
- bail and bail and bail -
til the rain hits like rocks of hail
and they scream “**** it”
and overboard they dive
and ‘ere any could count to five
the vessel pitch at an angle steep
and the whole o’ it is sunken deep
- deep deep deep -
If no soul could see the disarray
and live to share, live to speak
Could we ever rightly say
If caulk will prevent a shower leak?

Damn man.
Did you just create that poem or is it taken from something else?
Either way, I am truly impressed.

Andy.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
so you let the door guy drill through the threshold and through the waterproofing ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
so you let the door guy drill through the threshold and through the waterproofing ?
I didn't let the door guy do nothing. They are a professional company And should know the do's and don'ts and silicone their penetrations. And not sure what you're calling a threshold but it's the top of the curb that are individual tiles 12x6 not solid surface.

·
Registered
Custom
13,693 Posts

What was the name of that sealant again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Available in contractor cases... ;)(y):ROFLMAO:

Order today, and we'll double your order for FREE! (just pay separate S&H), and as a bonus we'll throw in some tube condoms so you'll never have to worry about wondering if you have enough UR Screwed again... (y)

61 - 78 of 78 Posts