Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
As a production crew, we use a lot of hoses. Not uncommon to drag 10 100's out most days.
Are you plugged right into a compressor, or have a main line with a splitter?
We run a 1/2" mainline to a secondary air tank on the deck. Use 1/2" fittings on this to maintain max airflow.
All my hoses are 1/4" either poly or flexzilla's. Run 1/4" couplers from all of them as well. On all the hoses I choose and have had best luck with the expensive female quick connects that are purchased at a hydraulic supply shop. At about 15$ each they are expensive, but last about a year sometimes more. They rarely if ever become disconnected by accident. And they seem to take more abuse and wear then the cheaper ones. I was replacing the cheapie ones (Home Depot, princess auto ect) every 2-3 months at 5$ each or more.

I have a couple hoses that I am trying a new style which I think are called radical flow. Waiting to see durability over time. They are about 20-25$ each but are a ball less system supposed to flow a lot more volume.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Also. What air pressure are you using. Most guns say 100-120. We run 135-140. By the time the air is at the guns they are only seeing 115 at best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts