Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a new sprayer. I'm wondering what you feel is the best place to buy. Paint store ex. Sherwin Williams, Ben Moore, etc.... Or do any of you know of a good website that sells at a better price?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It all depends on what you are after and if you know what you want. Unless I found one well of a deal, I would purchase one from a dealer who sells from several different lines so get a more honest opinion. A dealer who only carries one brand will undoubtabally be biased on one line since he wants you to buy what he has. Kind of like going to a Chevy dealer and asking how a Ford compares, and vice versa.
Off the top of my head, a Sherwin Williams store would be good since they carry the three major brands, Titan, Graco and Spraytech.
I would stay away from Campbell Hausfeld and Wagner since they seem to be more of a homeowner quality. I purchased an Airlessco brand sprayer last week and it has done well so far. When I compared the specs between brands the Airlessco was less expensive, probabally due to less marketing and advertisement costs. My local hardware stores supplier, Do It Best, will no longer be handling them since it's more of a niche market for paint stores. I bought an LP450 for $600.00 vs the regular price of $1,300.00.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Also keep in mind servicing...and it will need servicing
IMO a local place that may charge a few dollars more, but services them, is well worth it
They will remember you bought it from them if they are backed up (if they don't, remind them)
As in any service dept., when things get backed up, those customers do get priority
It may not seem worth a few bucks now, but it will be well worth it when you need it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts