Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LC
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, short and sweet....

.....How can I boost my online leads? Where can I get genuine leads? How do you other contractors do it? What steps or processes do you guys follow to boost your online leads.

Cheers

S

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
A well developed website rich in content, that is properly promoted in your printed material is the first start. I went to go check out your website to provide thoughts there, but it is not currently working for me. It could be that my internet is having problems, or that your site is down.

I don't suggest sites like Ang's List, as there are far more bitter unhappy endings than happy ones.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Focus on your own website rather than getting leads elsewhere. If you don't know what you're doing hire someone to help.

·
Access Heating & Air
82 Posts
Boogga said:
Hi, short and sweet.... .....How can I boost my online leads? Where can I get genuine leads? How do you other contractors do it? What steps or processes do you guys follow to boost your online leads. Cheers S
I would suggest focusing on a 2-3 (max) sites to generate leads. Start with online review sites. Google Local; make sure your google listing is 100% complete and that it matches all info on your website- phone, fax, location, hours, etc. And, check out nearbynow.co, great for generating local SEO content and capturing reviews from customers while at their house. We have been using a multitude of other resources but those 2 alone will gain quality leads.

While a great website is part of the puzzle, we have had great success without using our website for the last 2 years.

I'd also suggest to check out/scope your competitors efforts in online marketing. Are they using facebook or Twitter or both? Do they have strong reviews on google+, is yelp big in your area? Etc.

For cheapest route: just solicit written reviews while at the customers home and then publish those on facebook, website, and google plus. Even videos of testimonials posted over to your YouTube channel can start pushing you higher on the first page and even lock you in for more than a single spot on the first page of your major search terms, if the video is loaded and set up properly.

Consider using google alerts too. Can be really helpful to keep close tabs on what the local guys are doing online and where they are listing their companies with directories.

Check out our website to get a better idea of our efforts:
www.accessheating.com

Start small and achievable. Don't pay a lot of money. Spend what you can really well and then experiment/revisit every 2 months.

Good luck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Your own website will bring in much better quality leads then lead generation services. Ive done both and am alot happier with my site.

I agree. Developing our own site has yielded great results for us. I think where many a contractor goes wrong is when they don't invest more into their own site and then complain about having to pay for leads. If you don't know how to develop your own site then hire someone to do this for you.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Your own website will bring in much better quality leads then lead generation services. Ive done both and am alot happier with my site.
A site takes months to generate leads and a half a year to a year to generate sustaining leads.

An LGS puts leads in your hands right away. Do one until the other can support you.

I can't stress enough to get on Yelp and Google places. Yelp is generating 2-3 decent leads a week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
TNTSERVICES said:
A site takes months to generate leads and a half a year to a year to generate sustaining leads. An LGS puts leads in your hands right away. Do one until the other can support you. I can't stress enough to get on Yelp and Google places. Yelp is generating 2-3 decent leads a week.
Yikes just checked out Yelp and I have a bad review because I didn't return a call for a repair estimate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Focus on your own website rather than getting leads elsewhere. If you don't know what you're doing hire someone to help.
Yelp and Google places. Get reviews. I have two bids this afternoon from calls through Yelp.
That, that, and that.
Quality site boosted with some good online reputation (Google, Yelp)
will get the phone ringing.

·
Marketing Ninja
26 Posts
This is 100% true.

In the long-term, your lead flow with grow substantially by building up your own website. Think about the questions your prospects have about your product of service and focus on answering those questions on your website. Remember to emphasize the benefits of your products, not their features. Prospects will be asking, "what's in it for me?" and "why should I care?" Focus on answering those questions.

You can stand out from the competitions by providing educational info to prospects. Remember, a lot of visitors to your site are doing research. They aren't ready to 'buy now', but may be in 6-12 months.

Provide valuable information to these visitors that answers their questions in exchange for their email address. Now, you can continue to build trust, answer questions, and handle objections. This immediately sets you apart from your competitors and positions you as an expert. When they're ready to buy, they're going to think of you first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts