Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,702 Posts
We hand a bottle of Bona to every client we do a new install for.

We also recomend using white vinegar/water solution sprits on the floor & cleaned up with a micro fiber mop.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I installed some of the flooring, the kind that the tongue/grove gets glued. I used a wet rag to wipe the excess glue during installation. When I went to leave, I looked back and there was a small film on the joints. I couldn't get it up. I finally had a cleaning lady come clean. She got it up, but i don't know what she used. I know that's not much help..:eek:

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
We hand a bottle of Bona to every client we do a new install for.

We also recomend using white vinegar/water solution sprits on the floor & cleaned up with a micro fiber mop.
Yep on both. If the finished job has more than a couple of hundred feet, I'll give them the Bona starter kit. They're cheap enough and it adds that extra 'Wow' factor to a finished job.

Otherwise it's 1/4 cup white vinegar to 1 gal water and DON'T wet mop :no:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Repeated uses of vinegar and water on a wood floor with acrylic urethane finish (the majority of finish used on prefinished flooring) will prematurely dull the finish because of the caustic properties of vinegar. Use a PH Neutral cleaner like Bona or Polycare to avoid this and ONLY damp clean as necessary Not every time you clean.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,702 Posts
Repeated uses of vinegar and water on a wood floor with acrylic urethane finish (the majority of finish used on prefinished flooring) will prematurely dull the finish because of the caustic properties of vinegar. Use a PH Neutral cleaner like Bona or Polycare to avoid this and ONLY damp clean as necessary Not every time you clean.
We're primarily a site sand company & we finish with Fabulon Poly. It's what's in my own home & we use vinegar & water about 1-2 times a month. No issues with dulling on this finish.

As I mentioned earlier, all new installs get a bottle of bona.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just remember to tell her it's pronounced "Boner"(silent Swedish er). That way when she tells her friends about the Boner you presented her, you'll get lots of referral business.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts