Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,802 Posts

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
You guys need to read the whole page. It says due to high online volume they are redirecting sales to
http://www.hammersource.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=manufacturer&mid=1
That's been on their website for at least the past year, since I purchased my 18oz finish hammer. Hammersource is out of stock and has been for a while it seems.

For replacement handles and other inquiries, I'd try emailing Douglas Tool company owner, Todd Coonrad, directly at douglastool (at) gmail (dot) com

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,457 Posts
Reactions: Needles

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
Douglas did move their factory a couple years ago and didn't make anything for like a year.
Guess they are still trying to catch up.

Any one ever use the dalluge ti hammer that is the same design as the Douglas? I am looking at that to replace my lost framer.

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,802 Posts
A guy I'm working with has the deluge. I picked it up a couple of times and really like it. I have a couple of issues with Titanium hammers. One being that they don't have the mass I need when I have to beat certain framing members into submission. Secondly, titanium is brittle so technically, you're not supposed to strike cats paws, nail sets, chisels, etc... with it. The head on my first stiletto fractured after the first few months testing that "suggestion." Fortunately, it was under warranty, so I got a new one.

·
GC/carpenter
41,010 Posts
chris klee said:
Douglas did move their factory a couple years ago and didn't make anything for like a year.
Guess they are still trying to catch up.

Any one ever use the dalluge ti hammer that is the same design as the Douglas? I am looking at that to replace my lost framer.
Yes I use the daluge TI model that's the same as the Douglas, I really like it. I also have that damned expensive TI cats paw also.

These days it's about light weight.

I'll hit the nail one or two more times to have a lighter hammer. I've really focused on only carrying what I need and what I do carry in my bags is the lightest stuff on the market, regardless of cost. It's all about my back. It needs to be preserved at all cost. I can remember as a young carpenter in commercial I must of carried three times as much chit in my bags just in case I needed them. Now days if it doesn't get used daily I don't carry it. You youngsters will get there just wait. One things for certain we are all getting old.

·
Design Build
4,615 Posts
A guy I'm working with has the deluge. I picked it up a couple of times and really like it. I have a couple of issues with Titanium hammers. One being that they don't have the mass I need when I have to beat certain framing members into submission. Secondly, titanium is brittle so technically, you're not supposed to strike cats paws, nail sets, chisels, etc... with it. The head on my first stiletto fractured after the first few months testing that "suggestion." Fortunately, it was under warranty, so I got a new one.
I have a stiletto TiBone with a replaceable steel face (knurled or smooth). Does everything I need without issue. I've used it many times as a lever (sideways lifting a wall or whatever - something that would snap the head off of a wooden handled hammer)

I like what I have. To each his own.

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,802 Posts
I have a stiletto TiBone with a replaceable steel face (knurled or smooth). Does everything I need without issue. I've used it many times as a lever (sideways lifting a wall or whatever - something that would snap the head off of a wooden handled hammer)

I like what I have. To each his own.

I've been wanting that hammer for years, just having sprung for it yet.:thumbsup:

·
Noob
243 Posts
I believe the face is replaceable in the Hardcore hammers, right?

the underside and top side nail magnets are a nice feature, too.
The two nail sets is the main reason I want to buy it...that and it's supposed to be 100% made in the U.S.A., handle and all.

I did get their less expensive blunt force hammer and I'm impressed with it, it moves walls with less effort than my other hammer. When you hit something with it, it almost feels like a deadblow hammer.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts