Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just use a spread sheet. I've created a template so that saves time. Because there are so many variables and everyone bid tabs are different I think it will be aweful hard to beat

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Is Planswift specifically for excavating?
No. It's a take off program.

We use a combination of Agtek and Onscreen Take off for excavation/sitework. Those are only the take off programs though. We use Timberline for estimating. Unless you're doing large work though, Timberline is probably overkill for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nope. It's for any kind of quantifying/take-off. You can measure linear feet, square feet (by changing the LF formula or a separate measurement tool), or just straight up counting stuff. From there you just have to factor in material/labor costs. You can do it either through Planswift itself or by exporting the quantities into a spreadsheet and doing the math from there (that's what I do b/c I'm an Excel junkie).

https://www.youtube.com/user/planswift

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea we wont be doing huge projects. The gentleman I am going to work for uses Paydirt I believe. So is there and excavating software that does both Quantifying/Takeoffs and Estimating. I have seen on here that several people think highly of Agtek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.