Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke my second dewalt battery powered sawzall in like 2 months this is getting out of hand works sporadic, love my Milwaukee corded thinking of going that way , suggestions

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
tntframing said:
Broke my second dewalt battery powered sawzall in like 2 months this is getting out of hand works sporadic, love my Milwaukee corded thinking of going that way , suggestions
Have the Milwaukee hackzall 18v. It's been great since I got it. Battery life is far better than any of the full size cordless.

Handheld power drill Tool Grinder Tool accessory

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good, I love my corded Milwaukee and use it for anything where I can, I'm just done with the dewalt. The battery life is what I was worried about and buying more batteries all my other stuff is dewalt all 18 batteries haha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Jarvis both my 20 and 18, the I8 is just a straight up pos, I have lots of other 18 volt circular saw impacts they all are tough, the saw I liked so much I bought 2. There is someone local who will fix em but I'm fed up haha.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
tntframing said:
What's breaking?

I've been using the 18 volt for as long as they been out.

If your doing serious ***** , get a corded one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have 2 corded one Milwaukee and one dewalt, the cordless is easier to drag in a crawl hole haha, the 18 just quit and the 20 the latch for the blade wore out/ broke, just wondering if anyone else had the same issues, and opinion of a better product

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've used the makita don't have any complaints. Seems to hold up well decent battery life. I used a cordless hilti recip one time and was VERY impressed with the power, they are good solid heavy tools too. I feel like a few good drops wouldn't bother it too much.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I lube the gears and latch regular. Don't force it or it will brake. I cut a lot of drywall ceilings and the whole top end gets caked sometimes.

PB Blaster seems to work for me. Keep it lubed.

Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks big shoe I try to keep up with routine mantinance but sometimes I am guilty of the grab and go haha, and I have the sneaking suspicion so of my colleagues are not as nice to my tools haha. Nmc Thanks for the info on the hilti I will check that out . Some of that stuff is pricey but u get what u pay for.

·
Pro
183 Posts
I was a Makita guy for years, about a year ago I started buying the Milwaukee fuel stuff, their brushless saws all, saw, impact wrench and drill are very good tools.
I also have the 36 volt dewalt cordless saw, saws all, and drill- they and the makita stuff don't get used much anymore.
The brushless 18 volt technology is way ahead of previous stuff
Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was a Makita guy for years, about a year ago I started buying the Milwaukee fuel stuff, their brushless saws all, saw, impact wrench and drill are very good tools.
I also have the 36 volt dewalt cordless saw, saws all, and drill- they and the makita stuff don't get used much anymore.
The brushless 18 volt technology is way ahead of previous stuff
Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth :thumbsup:
Brushless or Fuel has some hype behind it for sure, so don't always buy the press. Look at the last cordless multi-tool review. Fuel or brushless didn't lead the way.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Fooled around with the Milwaukee fuel recip saw at the plumbing supply house today.....feels pretty nice.

I've been using the regular 18v for years no trouble. That fuel would go along time.

Of course there's always a Hilti.........:thumbsup:

_________
Mike

·
Contractor
4,763 Posts
Sorry to hear about the 18v D's breaking, I've been using mine for 5yrs without a problem. Keep the corded on the truck for bigger jobs, but it rarely sees action

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Brushless or Fuel has some hype behind it for sure, so don't always buy the press. Look at the last cordless multi-tool review. Fuel or brushless didn't lead the way.
Milwaukee doesn't have a fuel or brushless multi-tool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thaks for all the info I think I'm going to replace the two with the Milwaukees that seem to be the best bet I will let tall know how the new ones are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts