Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my Job I repair appliances and refrigeration. I am currently using a Craftsman 12v Lion 3/8 drill. I also have the LED worklight and battery with the light on the end.

The drill is ok. But the light is garbage. I am looking to upgrade to a new 12V platform. Drill and light that uses the same battery, prefferably with the SMALLEST size charger possible.

(I have a 18V makita brushless in the truck for big stuff, so I don't need something powerfull)

What brand has the BEST 12V light ??? (i assume every drill will be better than my current crapsman)

I need one with a SLEEK design(battery doesnt stick out wider than the handle) to fit in my toolbag, IE dewalt is OUT.

Most important,

1: size of all 3 tools combined (drill, light & charger)
2: light output
3: drill ease of use

·
Registered
193 Posts
I like the Milwaukee 12V line. The light is pretty bright on it. You might still be able to get a combo kit on sale at Home Depot. I just got the drill and impact for $99.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are you saying you want the 12v drill with the best light or just the best 12v light?

The DeWalt light is awesome...magnetic, kickstand, hanger, swivel head, 130 lumens. What's not to like? It would be perfect for working on appliances.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
milwaukee m12 brushless hands down winner

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Milwaukee 12V LED stick light is pretty amazing. I got both the 12v and the 18v LED flood light for review and I would recommend both. The price is a bit high at $80 and $100, but they put out a ton of light.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The price is a little steeper than most would like, but the uses are endless. We camp, fish and hike and these rechargeable lights are great. Working on the car and truck too, they are super handy. I really like that you can change out the lens on the stick light, because of that the thing will probably last longer than me. If it doesn't, it has a limited lifetime warranty that might cover what ever issue it has.

·
Registered
349 Posts
milwaukee m12 brushless hands down winner

I only paid $80 for my impact, it is the one that is darker grey than the original, but not as dark as the brushless. It has 1,000 inch pounds of torque and the standard 1.5ah batteries.

Is the brushless worth the extra cake? I think the head is smaller, it is sexier and comes with the 2.0ah batteries. I want to exchange mine for it but work might be a little slow now so I want to make sure it is without a doubt worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts