Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a quality 100' Tape that is compact so it will fit into my pouches. I had a Lufkin for years but its starting to bind when reeling it in and the tape is degrading.

I like the DeWalt one, but its too bulky to fit into my pouches.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
- Boda

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Don't have a suggestion but I need to ask what do you do that would require a 100' tape in your pouches?

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
Don't have a suggestion but I need to ask what do you do that would require a 100' tape in your pouches?
When framing bigger buildings (ie townhomes, or mansions)

There is a lot of squaring up, and long measurements.

I like the Lufkin 100 footer. I just put a few drops of gun oil in it once and a while.

·
GC/carpenter
44,284 Posts
Maybe this belongs in the "Things I Hate" thread but I hate it when guys call thier nail bags pouches. Do you call your sack a pouch?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Always used a Craftsman 100 Footer as it didn't have corners on it.

Plus back in the day when Craftsman the brand actually stood for something they would replace em for free.

·
GC/carpenter
44,284 Posts
Pouch:

a pocketlike abdominal receptacle in which marsupials carry their young during lactation

·
Registered
324 Posts
Keson's stuff (link to Amazon) is pretty nice. I have one of their long tapes and a measuring wheel. Awesome customer service also in the event anything breaks.

When I received my measuring wheel ($115 wheel), one of the locking clips for the handle was broken. Not sure if it happened during shipping or what, but they sent a new wheel and said to keep the other one.

·
GC/carpenter
44,284 Posts
Boda said:
Residential rough framing. For checking house overall numbers, squaring the green plate and squaring up long walls.
All that is either done at layout or plumb and line. Other then that I don't break out the big tape. I just keep it in my truck.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, there are many commonly accepted names for what we wear at work. Tool Bags, Nail Bags, Tool Belt, Belt, Pouches, ect.

It all means the same thing and the minute you read it you knew what I was talking about, so give me a break. Either you guys are really that bored or you just enjoy complaining LOL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts