Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am removing some carpet for a client and in one room there is an enormous 80's style built-in dresser/tv center that was installed over the carpet. It's got a laminate finish and 8" radius corners.

I can't get to the carpet from the inside the bottom of the unit and removing the whole thing to get to the carpet is not really an option; the customer doesn't want to pay for the removal and re-installation.

So... I need to com up with a solution for covering (what will be) the exposed edge of the carpet and the radius corners. I see there a few types of plastic moldings that can be heated and curved and some that look like a soft plastic or rubber material that can be bent around corners.

Anyone have any experience with any of these or any preference?

I haven't worked with either so any insight or tips would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
you can order polyurethane flex molding from local trim supply, or buy pvc trim from home center and bend if with heat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll check out the lumber yard tomorrow for the flex trim. if they can't get it in time, I'll use the pvc. appreciate it.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
we buy rubber wood from our trim supplier they make it based on the amount required, they dont stock it. they make it in all the profiles they offer

Reactions: mikeswoods

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
we buy rubber wood from our trim supplier they make it based on the amount required, they dont stock it. they make it in all the profiles they offer
That stuff is very nice ---I ordered an arch top window molding --about 12 foot long---it came in the mail --rolled up into a box about 18"x18"

Price was not bad---go to a trim /hardwood supplier---

1 - 9 of 9 Posts