·
Fortune and glory, kid.
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Specific experience with either of those I can't give, but my opinion of the two:

I like the openness of the Kreg for installing and setting router depth. You can never have too much room to work in there. However, I like the flat "feet" on the Bosch that can be used to clamp or screw down to the table for extra stability, which you're going to need if you're running any kind of length through the machine.

Have you considered making your own portable table? They're not overly difficult to make, can be done fairly quickly, and don't cost any more than a few scraps of 2x4 and plywood to build it.

·
Wood Butcher
977 Posts
I have seen the Bosch in person and it seems pretty stable.
Have not seen the Kreg up close so I dont know. But Kreg is
known for some pretty good products, a little higher priced but
decent quality.

·
Fortune and glory, kid.
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After getting a hands on look at the Jessem, I think I'm sold. It was sitting side by side with the Kreg at Woodcraft. I liked the Kreg, but this one seemed sturdier. Plus, you could get some dust collection out of it. The Bosch never impressed me much. Bench Dog also makes a good portable unit.

http://www.jessem.com/BENCH_TOP_ROUTER_TABLE.html
I am leaning to the Kreg, good feedback thanks all. Rustbucket, as I am going to woodcraft I will check out the Jessem as well, thanks.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
After getting a hands on look at the Jessem, I think I'm sold. It was sitting side by side with the Kreg at Woodcraft. I liked the Kreg, but this one seemed sturdier. Plus, you could get some dust collection out of it. The Bosch never impressed me much. Bench Dog also makes a good portable unit.

http://www.jessem.com/BENCH_TOP_ROUTER_TABLE.html
That's the unit the guys at woodcraft recommended to me. Def looked much nicer built and better materials than the kreg and Bosch.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'd get the Rousseau, I've always been happy with their products and they are made right here in WA. Probably can't go wrong with the Kreg either.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
bench top tools require a clear place on a bench top -valuable realistate on a jobsight .means you also have to bring /have a bench top .rousseau makes one that folds open and stands about 38" tall .have it ,fence is fine .
that said I agree with previous poster -make what you need . easy to drop a router from a piece of plywood and make up the exact specific fence you need for the project at hand .clamp plywood off something stable and your set .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts