Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Here are some before and afters that I'm pretty proud of. This house hadn't been painted in 15 years, had horrible THICK layers of nicotine that had to be scrubbed thoroughly. Lotsa patching, including matching a plaster texture from 50+ years ago, etc, etc. Enjoy the photos...I know I am after all that work! :Thumbs:
 

Attachments

·
Flooring Guru
Joined
·
2,794 Posts
I put a ton of pics in a folder to show clients.

Presentation without representation is just conversation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
AAPaint said:
Hey everybody. Here are some before and afters that I'm pretty proud of. This house hadn't been painted in 15 years, had horrible THICK layers of nicotine that had to be scrubbed thoroughly. Lotsa patching, including matching a plaster texture from 50+ years ago, etc, etc. Enjoy the photos...I know I am after all that work! :Thumbs:
Hey nice job! It is nice to see someone be so thorough with their prep work. I was wondering what you used to deal with all that nicotine? I've heard guys swear by TSP and others like bleach!?
 

·
Painting Contractor
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
plumguy said:
Hey nice job! It is nice to see someone be so thorough with their prep work. I was wondering what you used to deal with all that nicotine? I've heard guys swear by TSP and others like bleach!?

We use a TSP / bleach mixture. The recipe is on the box of TSP, the one for getting rid of mold.
 

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
TSP is what I usually use....but on this one I used dirtex. Worked great too. You could see the nicotine RUN down the walls as soon as you spray it on! It works great as a de-glosser too, heh! After I cleaned them down, I sanded walls and trim with 150 grit to give the duration some good tooth. Needless to say, that is one HAPPY customer! :Thumbs:

EDIT: For the record. The walls are duration home interior satin and the trim is master hide interior semi-gloss...oh, and ceilings were scrubbed down just as well as the walls. No stone left un-turned!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
I think it looks excellent. That is a very in look right know. With a soft color on the walls with white painted crown moldings. Gives the room a clean look. Just like on home improvement television the interior designer always pic a nice soft in look color for the walls and accent it with the white crown molding.
 

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree 747. I have as of late been doing a lot of "designer" interiors with some pretty interesting colors and layouts. Those home improvement shows are the driving force in this I prommise!

The color setup with the crown...I had to convince the customer to let me extend the color onto the ceiling and accent it by painting the textured "tray" and crown white. This house had NEVER been done different. Always ONE color everywhere. Stuff like this is just plain FUN because the change is so dramatic, and the customer truely values the work. :Thumbs:
 

·
...jammin
Joined
·
5,234 Posts
That looks great
Real nice
I like that ceiling
I haven't painted anything like that around here
 

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks slickshift. That house is pretty old, the crown you see is PLASTER!!!!!! :eek: It was actually the model home for the neighborhood when it was built...pretty cool.

For anyone else who's interested. I have some more good before n after's to add again. Please forgive the camera, it's a POS! This house here has some interesting details in the colors etc. Enjoy!! :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
This was another really fun job......Being a one man show, I take great pride in all of this work so I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as me! :Thumbs:
 

Attachments

·
Painting Contractor
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
AAPaint said:
This was another really fun job......Being a one man show, I take great pride in all of this work so I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as me! :Thumbs:
You did this all by yourself? Very cool looking house. The paint makes it man!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top