Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Who should win the Before & After contest?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, this was NOT easy. We had a lot of great entries and it was tough to pick the top 4 for everyone to vote on.
I picked these four based on the level of skill involved and dramatic changes shown.
I'll make this short and sweet.

The top 4 entries are:
wickedcarpenter: #1
ProWallGuy: #1, #2, #3, #4
Humble Abode: #1
6stringmason: #1

PLEASE CLICK ON THE NUMBERS NEXT TO THEIR NAME TO SEE THEIR WORK. AFTER THAT VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE!

One of these lucky members will win their choice of any Occidental Toolbelt Systems from Medford Tools & Supply. Up to a $230 value!

Leather Systems

Leather-Nylon Systems

Nylon Systems

Good luck, and thanks to MEDFORD TOOLS AND SUPPLY for sponsoring this contest! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Oh yea... Voting will end on 9/1/05 so don't delay. Voting will be public, meaning everyone can see who everyone else voted for.

Feel free to discuss this contest or ask questions about the entries in this thread.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for finding that. The links are now fixed!

Everyone should give another look at ProWallGuys now that the links are fixed. That was an amazing job!

BTW, I find it hard to believe that so few people have voted but 79 people have viewed the thread. You do not have to post in order to vote.

PLEASE VOTE!

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
I wanted to enter but had too hard a time/too little time to figure it out. Anyway, the pictures I wanted to show off are on the "Before & After Phots" page on my website - www.decksetc.ca.

Good luck to those eligible!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for voting Terry.

We'll make sure your entered in the next contest....
Anyone have any suggestions for another contest?

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Nathan said:
How about:

Most hideous thing a customer has ever made you build/paint/install etc.?

Most useful, on the job, timesaving tip? (similar to the ones in Fine Homebuilding)

Most creative project, designed by either you or a client?

just some random thoughts...

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Nathan said:
Thanks for voting Terry.

We'll make sure your entered in the next contest....
No problem Nathan.

I'll try to think about a few ideas to suggest...

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Dam! I could have won this! Wickeds the only one one that got close to my last remod, and mine was twice the size.

However mine didn't look as bad at the start.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
LoL Bob!
It took me forever to scan the old pictures but I'll post more once the contest is over. I would have been better off just leaving one wall standing and knocking down the rest. The guy who lived here had took a shot gun and blasted holes in the ceiling and shot arrows in the doors LMAO! This guy had issues. The very front of the house next to the garage was framed on railroad ties sitting on footers so I layed new block and reframed the walls to support the second story.
The house had 7' ceilings through out that I ripped out and did cathedral ceilings in 3 of the 4 beedrooms(The Master bedroom 24 x 24' has 8' ceilings,the kitchen and living room. Really made the rooms more open :D
Living in the house and getting one room at a time done was ruff. Every time we had another kid on the way(5 kids) i finished another room LoL!
Brent

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry for the delay guys. I've been on vacation and will be until Wednesday.

The winner of the Before & After Contest is..... wickedcarpenter!

You are the winner of our contest. You did some killer work on that project.
Please PM me your name and address so I can have Medford Tools send you your prize. Oh, and tell me which toolbelt you would like. :Thumbs:

Once again, thanks to everyone who entered and to Medford Tools & Supply for sponsoring this contest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks everyone

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest and those that voted on my nightmare :Thumbs:
I really enjoyed seeing everyones projects from the different trades.
The wife went to TN this morning for a week and left me with the kids....So i'll have time to scan and post some more pic's.
Thanks again to everyone!
Brent

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
old27 said:
That seems low...very low.

In any event, congrats Wicked...you deserved it man. later
Yea, 27 posts is really low. Frankly I thought more people would enter and that more people would vote. Oh well... live an learn.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Congradulations Wicked! You did some outstanding work and I'm glad the prize is going to one of the people who will get the most use out of it!

Thanks Nathan for doing this and I look foward to the next contest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts