Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to whether or not this is regional. I just picked up a 12 pack for $3.99, $4.25 w/tax. The clerk told me that there was a 'beer war' going on.

Does anyone remember gas wars? I once paid $0.19 a gallon. Just paid $2.95 to top off the truck, $56.00 total and I had over 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bet even with shipping that'd be cheaper than what I can get it for here. (but it'd still be American beer ;) )

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
I haven't seen prices for beer that low since when you could get a case for 10.99. Now its 18 packs for 12.99. Will have to look. Will still have to pay the high sin tax on alcohol/tobacco/caffiene(soda). Funny how the dims get all religious when they about to tax your a$$.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"It's the cocktail hour! For me it is right now!". Frank Sinatra

I'm kickin' back one of those $0.35 beers right now.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Kevin said:
I bet even with shipping that'd be cheaper than what I can get it for here. (but it'd still be American beer ;) )
Unless you buy microbrews you would be hard pressed to find many big name american beers anymore. Miller was just bought by a South African company and Miller owns all these beers. And Coors is owned by a british conglomorate that is the largest single owner of liqour brands in the world, The Portman Group, Shmirnoff, Chivas, Jameson, etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I heard at the roadhouse last night that on September 12 the local mini-mart will be selling Bud and Coors 18-packs for $4.00 each. Limit of 5 per customer. Time to stock up.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Miller is in on this too.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
WTF? I live 15 minutes from the Coors plant in Golden and I don't see cheap beer anywhere out here! We get fresh beer, but it ain't cheep. I also reminisce while peeing in the mountains that someday, that pee will wash into a nice mountain stream and eventually might become a Coors beer!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
I live in a Micro brew infested region. Damn I am a happy man. I find it hard to drink mega swill unless I am low on funds.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
JustaFramer said:
I live in a Micro brew infested region. Damn I am a happy man. I find it hard to drink mega swill unless I am low on funds.
Washington, Wisconsin and Colorado, microbrew capitols of the country! I'm with you man! :Thumbs:

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Don't forget Oregon. I don't know per capita how many mic's they have but the Widmer Bros put out some damn good beer. :Thumbs: Their Sunrye and IPA '05 got me mighty toasted this summer. ;)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Growing up on euro beer, I understand your positions. My favorite here is Coors and at $3.99 a 12 pack, I'm in heaven.

I could give you a rundown of favorite beers around the globe but my taste may not be your taste.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Growing up on euro beer, I understand your positions. My favorite here is Coors and at $3.99 a 12 pack, I'm in heaven.

I could give you a rundown of favorite beers around the globe but my taste may not be your taste.
Please do I one day hope to drink Hieneken from a tap. mouth drooling. :Thumbs:

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
Love a good fight don't you. Favorite beer is Tsing Tao.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One of the benefits of living in Michigan is that we have a superb brewer in our state. Bell's makes some of the best beers I have ever tasted. I cannot drink mega brewed swill.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
CogentRES said:
One of the benefits of living in Michigan is that we have a superb brewer in our state. Bell's makes some of the best beers I have ever tasted. I cannot drink mega brewed swill.

Yep! Every summer I drool waiting for Oberon to hit the shelves again!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Oktoberfest Brew Coming Soon!!!!!!! If I don't post for a month I'll be drunk. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts