Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would like to get a bed liner in my ford. I went to the only spray in liner shop in town. I about fell over when he quoted $900 + tax.:blink: Is this normal for a short bed under the rail spray in? If so who has used herculiner? did it hold up well?

Thanks
Cole

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Tell the guy who wants 900 bucks you like plenty of lovin with your f'en...I used http://line-x.com/ 3 years ago and if I recall it was about 400 bucks...the stuff is indestructible and if you do happen to scratch it, they will repair it for free.

·
Nepster
171 Posts
I have LINE-X and am not totally satisfied with it. It is peeling off of my tailgate and it is only 6 months old. I got it done in PA and with tax it was $502.00 over the rail. Other then the peeling on the tailgate ithas held pretty well. They said it was slip resistent, but it isn't.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Mine cost $350 for a 6.5ft bed and tailgate. Line-x is without doubt the best of the bunch and they also have a process called xtra that can be applied to the line-x. They will also even colour match to your paintwork. Rhino liner is pretty close but dont have the nice finish of the line-x.

If you are having problems with it pealing then the dealer has not cleaned the bed properly before applying the liner and this is covered under the lifetime warrenty.

Also beaware that the line-x liner is a high pressure system and some rhino liner are also high pressure but most are low pressure. You def want the high pressure system as it applys the liner many times better and drys to the touch in seconds.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Mine cost $350 for a 6.5ft bed and tailgate. Line-x is without doubt the best of the bunch and they also have a process called xtra that can be applied to the line-x. They will also even colour match to your paintwork. Rhino liner is pretty close but dont have the nice finish of the line-x.

If you are having problems with it pealing then the dealer has not cleaned the bed properly before applying the liner and this is covered under the lifetime warrenty.

Also beaware that the line-x liner is a high pressure system and some rhino liner are also high pressure but most are low pressure. You def want the high pressure system as it applys the liner many times better and drys to the touch in seconds.
THAT'S AWESOME.:thumbup: Thanks for sharing that and the pics!:clap:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I used a DIY product call Raptor. It is really good stuff! You cant chip it or scratch it if you tried. The finish dosent come out really rubbery just a nice pebble finish. Its a two part system you add the hardener to the liner and shake it up, it comes with a spray gun that screws right on top of the bottles. There are three bottles, so you can take three breaks:laughing:. It smells great too:laughing:

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/u-pol-raptor-bed-liner-kits-pc-15123-908.aspx

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts