Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does a person become a painting contractor? What are some schools?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Where I am requires 5 yrs. of experience with 2 yrs. in management (combined) or you can just take the exam. A dentist that studies a bit could pass the exam.
 

·
Systems Fanatic
Joined
·
415 Posts
If you want to be "in the bucket" then learn how to paint from someone with lots of experience.

If you want to be "out of the bucket", i.e., a business owner, learn how to run a business. The details vary from business to business, but the essentials are the same. For example, know your numbers (how to price your services), know how to market, know how to deliver what you promise, etc.

Brian Phillips
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Unregistered said:
How does a person become a painting contractor? What are some schools?
Reminds of the doctor who goes and buys new chaps and leathers and a brand new harley with his american express card.He knows how to ride,but is not a rider. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Down here we call them 'Rolex Riders'.
 

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Where I am requires 5 yrs. of experience with 2 yrs. in management (combined) or you can just take the exam. A dentist that studies a bit could pass the exam.
Hey Teetor, you guys have an actual exam down there for painting contractors? We have nothing of the sort up here in Jax....Kinda wish we did though because I'd prolly make a TON more money on my work! :rolleyes:
 

·
Painting Contractor
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
AAPaint said:
Hey Teetor, you guys have an actual exam down there for painting contractors? We have nothing of the sort up here in Jax....Kinda wish we did though because I'd prolly make a TON more money on my work! :rolleyes:
Same here. My competition in the phonebook is almost as big as the "restaruants" section....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top