Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 hr day, didn't take any breaks (ok, one starbucks) knees hurtin, back aching (200' base shoe install) 8pm, drivin home on the freeway, got a check in my pocket, credence clearwater revival blastin on the radio, sun is setting over the pacific - :) feelin alright! when yr hot, yr hot! LOL
get home, wife's got dinner waiting, and a cold beer! gonna enjoy that memory if times get lean.

Laurie

www.lauriescustomfinishing.ca

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup!:thumbup: I don't know what it is, I'll be driving home from a long hard day just blastin the tunes and thinking god do I love this stuff!

Dave
I had this exact same thought this week. Been working on a cabin up in the woods outside of Hood River Oregon, this week building a gorgeous set of CVG Fir stairs. Business partner is also a close friend, and the dog with me. Getting paid great money, building something pretty, sure beats working anywhere else.:thumbsup:

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wait. You are a guy and your name is Laurie?

Sorry just a little confused.
Ya. It is not short for lawrence. I guess I gotta put a pic in my id.
I mentioned this on another thread a while back, but I used "Mac" for a long time to avoid confusion, but then someone came onto CT with a legitimate business with that name, so I quit using it. Now I am at that age where I just don't give a [email protected] - I am who I am :D

Laurie John McDougall

where you at winchester? west side? I lived in Kitsilano for 20 years. Coquitlam now :) getting really busy out here- two, three calls a day - mostly small stuff, less than 2k.

I am installing Miles of baseboard and shoe mold this year but not so much crown. Also fixing pocket doors that don't slide, easy fix! $50 each, generally takes less than an hour- unless the wheels have fallen off! LOL then it takes a little bit longer.

4am I gotta get some sleep! got a baseboard job on pitt river road-8am.

Laurie.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Ya. It is not short for lawrence. I guess I gotta put a pic in my id.
I mentioned this on another thread a while back, but I used "Mac" for a long time to avoid confusion, but then someone came onto CT with a legitimate business with that name, so I quit using it. Now I am at that age where I just don't give a [email protected] - I am who I am :D

Laurie John McDougall

where you at winchester? west side? I lived in Kitsilano for 20 years. Coquitlam now :) getting really busy out here- two, three calls a day - mostly small stuff, less than 2k.

I am installing Miles of baseboard and shoe mold this year but not so much crown. Also fixing pocket doors that don't slide, easy fix! $50 each, generally takes less than an hour- unless the wheels have fallen off! LOL then it takes a little bit longer.

4am I gotta get some sleep! got a baseboard job on pitt river road-8am.

Laurie.

Nothing wrong with that name, wear it proud, at least you where not a BOY NAMED SUE. JC:thumbsup:

·
ampman
783 Posts
when you come home tired you know you made money -- and making fun of someone with a girl sounding name is a sure to get your butt kicked

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wasn't sure he was a guy or not.

Now I know. I knew a girl named Ryan a few years ago.

Laurie, I live in Surrey :mad: Try to do most of my work in the Kerrisdale/Point Grey area though. :thumbup:

-Ryan
Cool, long drive though eh? I'm not getting any action advertising in Vancouver proper - gonna drop that next month, $100 a pop in the courier. couple of quotes, that's about it.

Most of the work seems to be port coquitlam, maple ridge, coquitlam, burnaby.

Laurie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nothing feels better then driving home with the tunes cranked, a fat envelope in your back pocket, and the ache of a hard day... Well maybe not nothing ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
whuuu turn it up its Friday. I would do the same after a hard days work like your self. Heck I am going to do the same! :drink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wait. You are a guy and your name is Laurie?

Sorry just a little confused.
Heck my first name is Juan and also Half of the population of Mexico. It sucks that is why I don;t use it, not so unique if you know what I mean.:sad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts